Realm of Mytisk

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Finally decided to make a post for my world I'm building (I procrastinate in everything... including sleep). I'm using a personal modpack with FTBLite3 as a base and going for a Magitek/Steampunk theme in a Medieval-ish Fantasy setting.

Seed: -1897115325
ht3Tn49.png

I spawned here in a nice area with plains, marsh, forest, and the extreme hills:
hVq8nRr.png

My starter house (I need to remember to post a more recent pic):
Bb5qbOf.png

Interior and WIP fireplace:
5H4TQXa.png

Kitchen:
5Nhved8.png

Smithy:
H2IgwTn.png

Go88pH9.png

bYAROnO.png

Nearby is this mountain that I decided to make a Dwarrowdwelling:
yI3ezNy.png

Work so far (used WorldEdit btw cuz I'm not going to build a whole mountain by hand DX ):
ZamoDPk.png

The stairway and this narrow winding entrance makes it easier to repel invaders:
jjr7VOZ.png

wFz0lR0.png

dmpYCsu.png
Some very strange formations:
1VH7qsW.png

Go home terrain gen, you're drunk! :p:
rQyu0Ax.png

Found the future Dwarf capital (damn but my world has sexy terrain):
43G3Ysa.png

I WANT 20:
UpMy0no.png

So there we go. I strangely didn't take as many screenshots as I usually do so I need to remember to screenshot a few missing things...
Texture pack in some of the pics is a blend between Crafteryada and Battered Old Stuff that I've labeled BOSyada ;)

So the main project on my agenda is working on the Dwarrowdwelling because that will be my main processing area, Dwarves being the pioneers of Industry in this world ;)
I got distracted getting started on bees and Botania but I'll definitely be getting back to that BECAUSE IMMERSIVE ENGINEERING IS NOW IN OPEN BETA!!!
tumblr_mjvyskel5J1s6nhsro1_250_zpsujhkeap6.gif

Jun out. ⋛⋋( ^Θ^)⋌⋚

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Like how much effort you put into your starter houses. I rarely do that(mostly because I start the same place as I want to build endgame and know that I am going to demolish it all over and over until I have the materials to do it right).

But something irks me with calling a building a "smithy" and then having straw roof :p

Reactions: Psychicash

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Nice man, glad to see other people are doing this also.

Though I have to agree with Rhn, from my personal perspective, having a straw or wooden roof for a "smithy" irks me a bit, but that's just me :p

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Like how much effort you put into your starter houses. I rarely do that(mostly because I start the same place as I want to build endgame and know that I am going to demolish it all over and over until I have the materials to do it right).

But something irks me with calling a building a "smithy" and then having straw roof :p

Well, these buildings are going to be a part of the future village and citadel, so they can be thought of as a small part of an overall structure ;)

Nice man, glad to see other people are doing this also.

Though I have to agree with Rhn, from my personal perspective, having a straw or wooden roof for a "smithy" irks me a bit, but that's just me :p

It's a wicker roof actually, which probably isn't much worse than the wooden shingles I've seen on some actual smithies imo ;)
I consider it pretreated to prevent fire, if that helps. Though I've seen a smith in action and doubt any sparks would make it to the roof anyway, they mostly spray on the floor, so in order to catch the roof on fire, you'd probably have to be waving hot iron around like a lunatic. :p

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I do like that idea of making the half tables and putting chests underneath them. Gonna have to steal that. ;) And your right about the smithy roof too, for centuries they had rooves of thatch and wood shingle.