pyramid map

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
By Pyramid Map do you mean the FTB Retro 1.2.5 Map? Do you wish to play it with others on a server, SMP, or by yourself, SSP? Do you mean use it to create your own map? Please be specific what you mean by the word use.

TheMooseMan33

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm looking to run the FTB Retro 1.2.5 Map on my FTB Ultimate server to be played 1v1 SMP. Also sorry for the late response I have been Swamped with Summer classes

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
You are not going to be able to use Ultimate or 1.4.7 for the map, because of namely Equivalent Exchange. You are going to have to find a way to create a separate folder for the 1.2.5 Retro Map pack and another for the Ultimate pack. I'm no expert with servers, but I'm sure you should be able to set-up a way to be able to switch back and forth between the two. I would not suggest setting up both to run at the same time off the same server if that is even possible.​
Try asking here how you can have both without having to delete the Ultimate pack.​
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/server-tech-support.15/

Edit: No matter what always be sure to backup your saves from the server to off the server before attempting anything they suggest. In other words be sure to download the save to your client for safety.

TheMooseMan33

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info!

on another note is there a map similar to the retro map that could be done as a head to head using the ultimate?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not yet. They were working on a map that would use the 1.4.7, but I'm not sure about its progress at the moment. Last time I checked it was still in the design phase. Watched some of the ideas for it on Slowpoke101's stream. There is the PAX Map, but that only takes a little bit of time, nothing for a head to head map.

You could try one of the maps that the users here have created. They may not be official, but might be fun.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/third-party-maps.49/