Pulverizer Exploding

Andrew71633

Jul 29, 2019
My pulverizer keeps on exploding and destroying a 5x5 area but I dont know why. I'm using a combustion engine and a redstone engine. Does the pulverizer explode if it has full MJs?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea it's gotta be the stupid engine not the machine itself. Personally I avoid them because you can't automate oil finding and oil pumping. I go Biomass just 1 MJ less per tick which isn't a huge deal, since biomass production can be fully automated and it's had but I haven't heard of a fully automated oil rigging machine.

BallisticMunky

Jul 29, 2019
pipes will blow also (buildcraft ones) if things get maxxed out and power backs up in them, but I have only seen the explosion take out the pipe in question, so your combustion engine is most likely the culprit as others suggest ... make an aqueous accumulator and feed the water into the combustion engine and it should be good

Andrew71633

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's probably the engine as I'm not using any pipes at the moment. I didnt know it needed water. Thanks guys!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's probably the engine as I'm not using any pipes at the moment. I didnt know it needed water. Thanks guys!
Yikes. Mystery solved then =)

Biomass is a preferable (non explosive) alternative at 5MJ/t, or consider the magmatic engine at 4 MJ/t, with a considerably lower cost of entry.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, I don't even touch combustion engines, with magmatic engines sitting right there on the NEI list, begging to be used. To even be effective, you've got to give the combustion engines a refinery to make fuel, which requires a fair bit of power, got to hunt oil, which can be a pain in the ass, not to mention finding a way to pump all that oil back to your refinery...not sure if they've fixed the teleport pipes disappearing when chunks are unloaded or not.

But, all in all, yes, magmatics are much easier to use, and if they get too hot, they just shut down. Less MJ/t, but they're more easily mass-produced and with a nifty little hell pump setup, can be fed with effectively limitless lava, giving you limitless BC power...always a nice thing to have, lol.