Public Pack Codes Directory

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So... I expected to find a clear list of all modpacks that are in that Github repository in one of the first posts here.
Is that not the purpose of this thread?

EDIT: I see that you are/were working on it :)

Also, could the "link" pair possibly be substituted by a "links" object? (I mean that you can use either of both)
That way I could add a link to my Github repo, website and Minecraft Forum thread as well.

Last edited:

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Is this list still updated?

What is the whole purpose of this new Github thingy, when the original google spreadsheet lists 79(!) mods till the new something contains only 21?
Why don't you make a list that already contains all the mods that are already added to the list?
I don't get it.

And becaseu I'm not familiar with Github, can someone tell me; how I need to use that thingy to get a chart that normal humans can understand?
Do I need some kind of external program that translate it to a nice looking chart that you can easily overview?
So you can see which is the mods code, and link etc. without opening the all those json files one by one?

Thanks.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
The idea was that some kind of external program to view all this were to be written and the files on the Github were only the structured database.

I guess.

And yes, it is still updated if you ask for it on Github.

Reactions: Piripács

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Also, if you could link that list here, someone could probably add those to the Github?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you could link that list here, someone could probably add those to the Github?

Seriously? You asking for that list? Can I ask you, do you even know in what thread are you posting?:rolleyes:

It's here, it is already linked in the VERY FIRST post by Strikingwolf; who started this whole Public Pack Codes Directory.
(Try to look ate the spoiler named ORIGINAL POST...)

Please, next time if you post in a thread, be sure you already know what that thread is about and what other things that thread contains already, so there is no unnecessary post being posted.
Thanks Robijnvogel!

P.S.: Like I said I don't know Github, I'm not a programmer or else, I never used it. (Exept, when I used it throughout a terminal window, installing software from source under Linux.)
Do you think it is better if I make a Github page, and learn how to use it? It is better to reach the FTB releated things and FTB programmers by that way?
I thought this forum is the best way, but correct me if not..;)

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I honestly missed that. This thread hadn't been posted in for almost five months. Please, forgive me for not remembering what the contents of the first post were.

Github isn't that hard on the surface (and you do not really need more)
  • Make an account
  • Fork the project (This creates your own "copy" or "branch" to work in with unrestricted access)
  • Add a new file to the Json folder, using the same structure as the other json files, but with different information.
  • When you're ready adding the files you want to, you can open a new "pull request", asking for your updates to be added to the original project.

Reactions: Piripács

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly missed that. This thread hadn't been posted in for almost five months. Please, forgive me for not remembering what the contents of the first post were.

Github isn't that hard on the surface (and you do not really need more)
  • Make an account
  • Fork the project (This creates your own "copy" or "branch" to work in with unrestricted access)
  • Add a new file to the Json folder, using the same structure as the other json files, but with different information.
  • When you're ready adding the files you want to, you can open a new "pull request", asking for your updates to be added to the original project.
Thank you very much, sir or madam!!!
Sorry If I seems to be a little bit rude to saying; you did not looking to threads that you post in.
For me it is so obvious that even if it takes a little too much time; I try to read most of the posts in a thread (or at least ones that contain useful information for me) that I'm interested and posting in.
I seems to forget, that not everyone have that much time that I can spend on things like this.