"Problem" with the MFR Planter [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
I recently set up a MFR Planter/Harvester/Fertilizer system for carrots and other assorted goodies, but I'm having a problem with the planter and where it actually plants the items. A MFR planter has a color coded filter, so If I place carrots in the red filter it should plant them in the corresponding area of the farm correct? Well no matter where I place the items in the filter it just completely fills the farm with said items. Now I'm wondering if I did something wrong or is this a bug? Knowing me I probably derped somewhere but I went back and watched DW20's mod spotlight and I did exactly what he did but mine yielded different results.

The MFR planter has a Tin upgrade is powered with TE Hardened Energy Conduits and is being fed with items via a Supplier Pipe, though this problem occurs even if I place the items in the Planter manually.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability, thanks.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
^^^This. The planter will plant whatever is in its inventory in ALL slots that do not have an item type specified. I think cobble will work. If not just put oak saplings in all the slots you don't want planed and then make sure you don't put any oak saplings in the inventory.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this bug(?) still exists, but I read a report that putting something unplantable into any of the filter slots of the planter (like cobble) causes the planter to plant nothing at all. So if that happens, use Gerald's idea of saplings in the filter slots but don't load in any saps.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting something in the other slots it it cant plant e.g cobblestone.

^^^This. The planter will plant whatever is in its inventory in ALL slots that do not have an item type specified. I think cobble will work. If not just put oak saplings in all the slots you don't want planed and then make sure you don't put any oak saplings in the inventory.

I don't know if this bug(?) still exists, but I read a report that putting something unplantable into any of the filter slots of the planter (like cobble) causes the planter to plant nothing at all. So if that happens, use Gerald's idea of saplings in the filter slots but don't load in any saps.

Thanks for the replies, I'll go a head an fill up the other slots with something. Thanks again =)

Status
Not open for further replies.