Problem Problem with RAM Allocation

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ejones57

Jul 14, 2020
Hi there! Excuse me for any missing info, not really knowledgable about any of this.

I downloaded the launcher three days ago and set it to use 7GB of Ram (have 8 available), but for some reason, minecraft will only use 455 mb and then crash. I figured out that the minecraft launcher is using the 32 bit java version, but it doesn’t look like I have any 32 bit java version on my computer. At least, I can’t find it anywhere. I reinstalled java and the FTB launcher several times and won’t let me change my RAM memory allocation.

Any help would be really appreciated!

ejones57

Jul 14, 2020
To be honest, I've been trying to figure this out for three days. When I open the mc launcher, three launchers open in task manager; "Minecraft Launcher (32x), Minecraft Launcher (32x), Minecraft Launcher." I originally thought that the reason Minecraft was allocating so little ram was that Minecraft was using a 32-bit java and the only people, that seemed to be experiencing similar problems, were using 32-bit java. I might be wrong.

This is the only log I can find: https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/be8cb590