Problem downloading Mod Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Goodbytes

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version: 1.2.4
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Java version: 1.7.0_21
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:After consulting with the FTB Tech Support group via a ticket I submitted, I was asked to post my issues here to see if anyone in the community can help.

I'm trying to use FTB to play with friends hosting a Direwolf20 server. When I downloaded the launcher, I created my profile using my minecraft account and attempted to download the Direwolf20 modpack. The launcher prompts me, saying that a new version of the pack is available, and asks if I want to download it. I agree, and then the progress bar pops up saying "Downloading Mod Pack... Please Wait" and it never moves from here. I can leave it for hours, and nothing will happen.

A friend of mine looked into this issue with me, and we cannot find an answer at all. I have attempted the following fixes to no avail:

1. Deleted FTB, the Mod Folder, and the FTBLAUNCHER folder in %appdata% and reinstalled clean. Same issue.
2. Running the FTB Launcher as Admin.
3. Running the .jar instead of the .exe.
4. Uninstalling Java and reinstalling clean to ensure that all java updates are fresh. (Both 64 bit and 32 bit were tried by themselves, neither worked)
5. Toggling my firewall on/off to see if it was preventing a connection. It was not.
6. Removing my antivirus to see if somehow it was blocking the connection. It was not. (I also tried uninstalling it to see if that somehow worked. It didn't.)
7. Switching the mirror location between the different servers to download the modpack. (Tried every mirror, including Automatic)
8. Manually pinging and successfully resolving the download location of the modpack on CreeperHost. My computer can see/contact it just fine. No DNS issues.
9. Manually downloading the modpack files and placing them into the FTB folder. It still claims it needs to update, then fails to download as stated above.

At this point, I've run out of ideas completely. I can't play the game at all on any modpack, because even if I download a modpack manually and place it in the correct location, the client simply says it needs to be updated anyway, and proceeds to hang again.
Error logs:Here is the pastebin results of my debug console. (Note, after the red creeperrepo.net entry between line 67 and line 68, this is where I closed the downloader. The problem I mentioned earlier about the progress bar never moving hangs at this location, with just the URL on the screen.)
http://pastebin.com/ZabAy1HK
I appreciate any help that anyone can give me with this frustrating problem. I'm at my wit's end with this one!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I am completely stumped by this. I've suggested everything I can and nothing seems to be working.

Yonked

Jul 29, 2019
So I had this problem and I figured out how to get it to start downloading. You need to right click on your shortcut FTB_Launcher and go to properties. Then switch over to the "Compatibility" Tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and you want to select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2). It worked for me and it should for you!

SikNationFTB

Jul 29, 2019
I have this exact same issue, I am a server dev on a FTB server and we updated server to 1.1.2 successfully then I went to do my client and same exact issue your having
tried all of the recommendations and no success

flames55

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this may sound stupid but, How do i make sure my Antivirus inst blocking FTB_Launcher?..

Status
Not open for further replies.