Private Server Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
Not just a stance on them, but what I think is lacking is the information surrounding how to go about getting the private pack, along with managing said private pack. The questions I have, and have seen range from will we be able to manage it ourselves or does FTB Team have to manage our packs, how to submit them, what is required, to even questions regarding permissions and such.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Not just a stance on them, but what I think is lacking is the information surrounding how to go about getting the private pack, along with managing said private pack. The questions I have, and have seen range from will we be able to manage it ourselves or does FTB Team have to manage our packs, how to submit them, what is required, to even questions regarding permissions and such.
Using the word stance is much easier than saying: rules, requests, prior authorized mods (see: Watchful11's post #75 here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/regarding-private-modpacks.5883/page-4#post-90636), changes in policy
:p

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
You would think I would know but I don't :D *sends link to higher up* but I have seen a private thread floating around which covers this but I guess its not ready yet (Shhh you didn't get this information from me)

I have plans for private packs.... where is Slowpoke when you need to talk to him.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm, I have one question regarding the private pack code.
If I posted it on a forum, but only people registered can see it, would it violate the private pack rules?

If a section is created regarding private packs, I would like to see all of the rules regarding private packs written out, in one place.
Possibly even an area where people could post their permissions, once they are gathered, that way it's public, for all to see, in one place.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a place to deposit files to private packs for servers. Apparently my well-known interest in steampunk-themed packs on the MC forums has made me a favored recipient of steampunk-themed beta tests, and usually server testing is requested... FTB's launcher passthrough and private pack download would be ideal for pushing out quick beta updates to players so that we can test new features on the fly.

I have not seen a single mod where the right to run a single server with the mod was not expressly pre-granted. That kinda defeats the purpose of modding in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.