Practical (DIAMONDS) Problem

RedSpah

Jul 29, 2019
7.30 hours passed, Triple cobble factory built, 8/9 things from Redstone Paradise can be created, one left.
That.
Goddamn.
QUARRY.
I know that FTB has meant to be difficult, but for God's sake! 11 Diamonds, 16 Gold, 28 Iron, 28 Cobble, 30 Sticks and 1 Redstone is just TOO MUCH for 1 USELESS* block.

Does sb know way for somewhat faster EMC Generation? Do I have to build 18-tuple(I have no idea how to write that) cobble generator or maybe zombie pigmen slaughter machine? Do you have any tips for lone beginner?
*at least in FTB

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that hard to get all those items and in my opinion it should be more expensive since it's a bit overpowered.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
7.30 hours passed, Triple cobble factory built, 8/9 things from Redstone Paradise can be created, one left.
That.
Goddamn.
QUARRY.
I know that FTB has meant to be difficult, but for God's sake! 11 Diamonds, 16 Gold, 28 Iron, 28 Cobble, 30 Sticks and 1 Redstone is just TOO MUCH for 1 USELESS* block.

Does sb know way for somewhat faster EMC Generation? Do I have to build 18-tuple(I have no idea how to write that) cobble generator or maybe zombie pigmen slaughter machine? Do you have any tips for lone beginner?
*at least in FTB
Dark room. Look it up on google. Definitely a faster way to generate EMC

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
i dont believe so though my personal favorite emc generator is a milk farm, you may have seen something similar if you watched the live stream of slowpoke and the rest of the forge craft people play through the ftb insanity over a weekend last april, but basicly you have a deployer setup next to a trapped cow and it is deploying empty buckets which are then pulled into an energy condenser, making more iron buckets which are pulled back to the deployer, you can have multiple deployers to make it faster, think the max is 16, though its been a while, oh and you should have a restriction tube to allow the excess buckets to be consumed for emc,

another one i use is a mobgrinder in the nether its much faster than an overworld grinder though you should be sure to put half slabs on the roof to preven ghasts spawning, unless you want them to..............

happy playing!

RedSpah

Jul 29, 2019
@Rhinehart_ ...thanks,(I didn't understood a single word of machinery) I'm currently working on Burn Rubber, normal mob grinder should be enough for now.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm if your familiar with redpower at all you could do it yourself, i could probably find the episode to give you some direction, DW recorded it,

but heres another way to put it, have you seen that redpower watermill gen setup? if not ill find the episode, but if you have its basicly the same thing, except with a cow infront of the deployer,

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
At his stage, he doesn't have bricks to make an alloy furnace for brass. There IS a glitch you can exploit if you need to: Make 6 sticky pistons (sticky resin + piston, if you don't have slime balls) and 3 powered rails. Set up the pistons in two lines of 3 each, with a 3 block space in between. In the middle of the 3 block space, lay out your powered rails. Layout should look like this:
P=Piston
O=Empty
T=Powered Rail

POTOP
POTOP
POTOP

when looking at it from the top. The pistons should be facign inward, towards the rails so that when you turn them on, the activated piston fills the empty space.

Now just turn it off and on repeatedly. The rails will duplicate, and you'll feel like a terrible person. To automate it, stick an alchemical chest above the middle and put a void ring in it. It will condense everything to Red Matter. Massive amounts of EMC really fast, but it IS a glitch, so if you don't want to use those, don't use this.