Portal fail

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HomieTK

Jul 29, 2019
I made a big mistake: i placed a mystraft portal in the same place where my book goes to.
So now when i try to enter that dimension i get instantly teleported back.
Can someone help me fix this?
-Extra question: Am i able to change going through a portal to take time instead of instandly use?

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Have a friend go to the age and destroy the portal, you should be fine then.

There isn't a way to make them take time.

Be SURE to bring a book to the overworld, or you will be stuck in the age.

Also, never make two portals that teleport directly to each other. I made that mistake on a server when setting up a railcraft system and a friend had to destroy the portals before i could log back in.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm thats unfortunate.

I'm not sure if you could destroy the portal somehow. Does it portal you back instantly? If yes you will most likely need to create another age, if no you might be able to get a shot of with the mining-laser destroying the portal.

PS: You could try to build a portal on your side an propell yourself through it with a minecart on full speed, maybe the momentum is high enough to get out of the portal. Or you could send a TNT-Cart through a portal to this location and maybe it explodes on the other side^^ if you are unfortunate it is send back (but it shouldn't since the other chunk should not be loaded).

You might MC-Edit the portal away.

Have a friend go to the age and destroy the portal, you should be fine then.

Even that would not help, since I guess he placed the portal at the spawn-point of that age. So /tpx someone else there would not help.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a linkbook modifier? possibly setting your book to maintain momentum and running through may work, may not either.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
build a portal in the overworld that links to your other portal and send some TNT through. Make sure you go there as well (with nothing but a linkbook on you) so the chunks load. The TNT should be on the other side and you will have been there long enough to load the chunk to destroy the portal.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to TPX yourself into the age at a location separate from the portal, then run over and destroy it.

HomieTK

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm the TPX command is doing weird.
I cant set coords in it.
it will say Command cannot be parced. (or something like that)
Can you give me a example of the command?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's instructions somewhere on the forum here that tells how to edit the nbt file for the book manually. You can try to change the spawnpoint that way. I'd look them up for you but don't have a lot of time ATM

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
well if you were good at it you could do this
Copy the ftbetaa folder contence and make that your real minecraft
open up mcpatcher and press test minecraft with your information for the world saved somewhere on your computer but not in that world folder(could just be outside of that if you wanted to

and what that should do is spawn a guy called player(random#) into your world since he is not you he should spawn at start of spawn the you just go and break the overworld portal the other one should tp you there

that is my solution. Important no you can not just navigate mcpatcher to the ftbbetaa folder because it still reads stuff from the mods folder in your real minecraft folder and not the one in your feb jar is in and that would corrupt the world

second note make sure you remove your player data from the file because you may just end up being you again even with this idea (I'm not positive that you will

Cheers and I hope you figure this out
K4b6

since you fixed I took it off

HomieTK

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to all of you i fixed the problem.
I accually used alot of the suggestions together and fixed it XD.