Port Forwarding Problem

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the server set up, but I try to run Port Map and it says my router is incompatible. I've checked the At&T site for instructions on allowing port forwarding, and it was application specific. I put in "Port Map" and obviously it didn't work... I've tried different sites, and I can't get this thing to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get a server going, but I'm just finding this REALLY difficult to do on a Mac.
Thanks for the help.

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
just in case anyone else ever has this problem.
the problem is inside your router (I have a UVerse internet provider, sucks). What you need to do is go into your router, check the firewall settings, there will be three things you can switch it to: totally safe, allow certain applications, and allow everything (it's something like DNS or something like that).
you want to select the third option to allow everything, save your settings, then restart your computer, and port map should work fine, and you should be able to run your server