Mac Please Help: Issue with Crash at Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coonman

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Forums! I was loading FTB Ultimate for the first time on my Macbook Pro, which is running OSX Lion.

When I launched, the console gave me this error message:

May 8 18:33:42 Ethans-MacBook-Pro.local java[1764] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
May 8 18:33:42 Ethans-MacBook-Pro.local java[1764] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
May 8 18:33:42 Ethans-MacBook-Pro.local java[1764] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
May 8 18:33:42 Ethans-MacBook-Pro.local java[1764] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
Obviously, Ethan's Macbook Pro is the name of my computer in case that helps.
Any help would be appreciated.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still not sure that those are the full logs as neither of them tell me anything about your OS or which version of java you are running. I believe you have java 7, Mac needs java 6. Check here for more info. Specifically step 4. Make sure to uninstall all other versions of java besides the latest version of 6, either the 32bit if OSX Lion is 32bit or 64bit if OSX Lion is 64bit. Do not keep both.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

Coonman

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to access the full logs. The console crashes after the error message, and honestly I'm not fast enough to copy the thing. I'm using the files from the launcher install folder instead. I have reverted to Java 6. This has not helped.

Ash2254

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same problem. It will start launching things up, then abruptly crashes, closing all windows, so the log is lost. if anyone could help that would be incredible[DOUBLEPOST=1368061247][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm still not sure that those are the full logs as neither of them tell me anything about your OS or which version of java you are running. I believe you have java 7, Mac needs java 6. Check here for more info. Specifically step 4. Make sure to uninstall all other versions of java besides the latest version of 6, either the 32bit if OSX Lion is 32bit or 64bit if OSX Lion is 64bit. Do not keep both.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

Lavarthan, Mac is compatible with Java 7.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, just checking. If you reverted back to Java 6 after you posted those first logs please post new ones.

Edit: @Ash What are you talking about? In that link it says that it is not. I do not pretend to understand java and Mac compatibility, but this is from Ash a well known helper in the knowledge base.

Ash2254

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, just checking. If you reverted back to Java 6 after you posted those first logs please post new ones.

Edit: @Ash What are you talking about? In that link it says that it is not.

But on the Apple support site, it says Java 7 is compatible with Lion and Mountain Lion

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'll leave myself out of this one for now unless I see an easy error that I know how to fix in this thread. I will still look at the logs and help when I can.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay after some searching I've found some clues as to what version of java is needed. Take these as is, since I am no Mac expert, these are from java.com Hope they help.
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml
What are the system requirements for Java 7 on my Mac?

Operating system requirements: For Java 7, you will need an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X version 10.7.3 (Lion) and above. Installing Java on a Mac is performed on a system wide basis, for all users, and administrator privileges are required. Java 7 can not be installed on a per-user basis.
Browser requirements: A 64-bit browser (Safari or Firefox, for example) is required to run Java 7 on Mac OS X. 32-bit browsers such as Chrome do not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.

I do not have Mac version 10.7.3 (Lion) or higher. How do I get Java for other Mac versions?

For Java versions 6 and below, Apple supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Apple's Java for your Mac.
Users of Lion Mac OS X 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 should upgrade to 10.7.3 or later versions, so you can get the latest Java 7 version from Oracle.
Why is Java 7 available only for Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above?

The Java Runtime depends on the availability of an Application programming interface (API). Some of the API were added in Mac OS X 10.7.3. Apple has no plans to make those API available on older versions of the Mac OS.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Apple is wrong, a whole lot of things screwed up with Java 7 for FTB. As far as I know, if anyone posts on here using a Mac and on Java 7, we say downgrade to Java 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.