Plasmania: The Journal of a Snake and His Quest for Domination.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
7/15/16
100th post!

So I started a new world, added some mods, and personalized them to my tastes. I have been playing for almost two weeks now semi-regularly. If you want to know the real reason why I abandoned the previous world, well something happened IRL to me that made me depressed for a couple months and I just wanted to start something completely fresh. I do not have much to show off yet, but I have ideas again because of the new additions, customizations, and the layout of the world. Here are the mods I added:

Ender IO - I don't know why I decided to skip out on this mod before. The power of having multiple pipes in the same block is way too good to pass up. I buffed up the capacities of the EIO conduits (enhanced = 10k rf/t, ender = 1M rf/t) so that I wouldn't be forced to throw tesseracts and ugly cryo fluxducts everywhere when I get reactors going. I might have to buff them further later though.

Thaumcraft - I've always liked having TC in my world even if I never plan to get into it just because of the worldgen, mobs, boss mobs, dungeon loot, but now golems have piqued my interest. I have this idea for them that would help me out in RoC immensely if it works... :p

Dense Ores - Since I do quite a bit of manual mining, this mod makes spelunking more profitable. I added in for most of the ReC ore: calcite, magnetite, pitchblende, indium, cadmium, ammonium chloride. Some from other mods too: aluminum, platinum, cobalt, ardite, certus quartz, dimensional shards. Which btw, if anybody wants the configs for any (or all) of these ores, feel free to ask! :D

Storage Drawers - I consider them like having multiple TE caches in a single block. I buffed their capacities immensely to be able to be useful for the massive storage I know I will have.

I am a novice DM in Dungeons and Dragons. Only got into it last month and it has been really cool for me to create a custom campaign for my friends to adventure in. I had this image of a map I plan to use and... well just take a look at this image...

0L6k2Tb.png

By some miracle of RNG, my DnD map is in my MC world! Super cool! It is a rainbow forest too, which means no hostile mobs. Beginner caving was a breeze. In close proximity are: a ruskea pylon, multiple zambarau pylons, a portokali, and 2 kitrino pylons. These are the colors that I find the most useful and they are close by! :) The pylon distribution is satisfying, but the only thing that would complete the cake would be a nearby kijani pylon.

Currently, I have a decent foothold in the world in terms of resources and machinery. Nothing too fancy yet. I learned that rushing RoC was a mistake so this time I am taking it very slow and toying around with the other mods in the pack for once. I am using RoC sparingly for a while. I got a stable but low amount of power gen, 180rf/t - 270rf/t with combustion generators running off either hootch or RoC ethanol. It is enough to support my small ME system and basic machines, but an upgrade is certainly needed.

lRQuPLZ.png

I discovered that you can power a rock melter with a DC electric engine and it can still melt down most things. It can even create lava although from netherrack, not stone/cobblestone. 649C for just 1.024kW of power? OP? Yes, and it is great! Why use 400rf/t to melt down redstone for TE when you can use a simple redstone-powered engine instead? :p My idea for an upgrade to this power supply is BIG tree farm -> steam. May seem overrated and unimaginative, but having a great supply of lumber + leaves will also do wonders for building, generating mana, and RoC sludge. Multiple uses!

L891UYr.png

I actually played around with Botania for once... I had been saying this to myself for nearly a year! Yesterday, I acquired my first terra-steel. I don't have a great mana-generation method yet, but that will change once I figure out the design and build my big tree farm. 5 dayblooms, 1 enderoflame, 1 rosa arcana. I kinda cheesed the mana gen with CC: I used the rosa arcana in conjunction with zambarau cave crystals whenever I had to go afk. Don't judge me :( I am liking this mod so far and have big plans for utilizing it. The loonium is what made me want to want to start Botania. The generic dungeon loot is great and all, but the goal is to generate info fragments. Oh and treasure pouches from TC. This flower seems to be at the end of Botania progression, but I do like that.

ovfvP4r.png

I just like the look of this. It is a mob-grinding room. The thing in the middle is an EIO powered-spawner. Right now it is spawning blazes and consuming an insane amount of power. The blazes get grinder by a mob grinder. This helped me through various mob drop brick walls. Not going to be much use past that however.

The rest of the stuff in this world is not presentable nor pretty to look at. TE machines, basic ME system, fermenter, grinder, not a lot of interesting stuff going on there yet. Nothing special in the nether, although I was pleasantly surprised at the new CC world-gen there. Nothing either at the twilight forest. As I have said, I have been taking things really slow this time around. Thanks for reading! :D I don't plan to abandon ship again.

Last edited:

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
7/17/16

A big day for farming! Well technically I did this yesterday but then I went to sleep, whatever!

Say hello to Jeeves, or Farmer Brown, or whatever I decide his name to be later.

dnQFNI4.png

I went straight into golemmancy in TC because the idea of having little minions around is awesome. This little fella is in charge of the main farm. Funny thing is I created a bit of flux because of my noobie experience of the mod while making the golem. Thankfully I did the crafting process away from my home. Anyway, the farm design is something completely new that I have devised. RoC fans harvest the crops and the golem will pick them up, this is because I did not want to use an item vacuum. Never again will I be the victim of accidentally dropping stuff and it ZOOMING to the corner of the room. The resources our farmer golem here puts into that ender chest goes straight into my ME system. The farm is not finished, but it is in a functional state. Currently, only two fans are powered by steam engines. The line of dirt in the middle is intentional, the plan is to have some sort of crop acceleration there --- the agricarnation is my plan.

RRvv8vV.png

The tree farm I said I would make. It isn't as large as I had planned, but what I didn't expect is how many materials this setup has produced. Two harvesters /w planters: one for your standard wood operation and the other is to shear leaves for that 2x sludge goodness. There is a surprisingly tidy mess of pipes underneath (no that isn't a contradiction :p). All materials are imported into my ME system. It has been on for almost the entire day and it left me with several thousands of leaves and many hundreds of oak logs. I built the entire thing with support for a 7x7 tree farm, which I will do later --- and with growth acceleration because yes!

GE0GIM3.png

New and improved basement aesthetics. Since I live in a Rainbow Forest, I have the luxury of putting any lighting where I see fit since mobs cannot spawn. Sometimes I like not having fully lit rooms. The basement is mostly empty right now. That space will be occupied by the ME system over time as my needs grow. Autocrafting, massive item and liquid storage, and the whole other nine yards.

YHVLXSp.png

Got that power upgrade. I am not using a HP boiler or a max-sized LP boiler because this is not going to be my main source of power. Gotta always think ahead of the game. Even the microturbine will put boiler power generation setups to shame. What this will allow me to do however is comfortably for a while until I get to more serious producers like gas turbines (and totally not sucking chickens into them). Oh and use some of that massive quantity of wood that I have.

Last time my philosophy was to avoid auto-mining until I couldn't anymore. This time I am discarding that notion. The next step is auto-mining and in RFTools dimensions. I have many other projects of course, but no spoilers!

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: JaRyCu

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have issues with the RoC Fans pushing your farmer about, or is he strong enough to walk around without hindrance?

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have issues with the RoC Fans pushing your farmer about, or is he strong enough to walk around without hindrance?

He does get pushed, but because the fans are given a small amount of power it hardly does anything.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
7/24/16

I have a big base expansion project all planned out and it is going to take quite a while with all the digging, measuring, moving, etc that I will have to do. So, here is a quick update :)

The first thing I did was setup a basic RFTools dimension station and get my first dimension online. My firt dimension is simple: no dimlets, my body was ready. I usually get some terrible worlds, but this one was different:

lVtWQad.png

Giant mountains that reach all the way to y = 256. Makes for some epic terrain and it brings back some great memories of a time where I played modded MC with a buddy with Flans Mod planes and we would practice our flying skills by going through canyons. This dimension would be the surperb place to set up a track. It is dangerous here too because for some reason creepers are randomly exploding. Quite peculiar. Exploring would have been a pain had I not crafted a jetpack. This world has ore gen in it so it is a candidate for the auto-mining dimension. I have been manually mining and dug up plenty of diamonds, redstone, gold, and all those other goodies.

JRlwQwa.png

As you can see, I constructed the Portal to Alfheim. Once I did that the urge to obtain the loonium was very strong so I just focused my time and effort into making that happen. 8 hydroangeas buffed up my mana generation and supplied the mana necessary for the portal (which looks cool as heck btw). After that it was simple but long process of obtaining the other materials for the loonium. A lot of crafting, a lot of back and forth to my ME system, but it paid off in the end. Yes, I have crafted the loonium! Then was promptly disappointed because info fragments appear to be blacklisted :(

Not that big of a morale hit though. It does generate thaumium, treasure pouches, ingots, and many other useful materials. I got to progress through Botania, a mod that I always wanted to play around with but never did. I have obtained a decent understanding of Botania as a whole. It offers many things I want to take advantage of.

Q9Nyth6.png

I spent a great deal of time organizing, pre-formatting, and laying out my ME system. Certain items go into certain places, misc junk goes into a modular storage unit or a 1k storage cell, bascially what I am trying to get across is that it is a neat and orderly foundation. This will make my life so much easier in the future. The entire basement will be devoted to it --- the boiler will be removed soon in favor of a microturbine placed somewhere else which is more powerful and more space efficient. 13 (potential 26) deep storage units will store items that I amass in large quantities. The bottom layers will eventually be all ME drives with every variety of cell: standard item cells, liquid cells, and void cells. It currently suits my needs, will do so for a while, and when fully expanded will likely suit my needs indefinitely.

Something I always do and I recommend you to do if you don't already is to craft an ender pouch and an ender chest with the same colors and slap an import bus on the chest. You can now go on adventures, pick up everything and anything, and import it into your ME system.

r6vDpTv.png

Auto-crafting. I have ascended past the age of having to manually craft everything. Life is much better when you don't have to personally craft pistons anymore :). Eventually I will be too rich and snobby to manually craft things like sticks. The glass cable you see going through the wall connects to RfTools crafters which automatically craft stuff out of the magical crops essence from the farm. The farm by the way now runs with all 4 fans and Farmer Brown has received two speed upgrades in the form of a bowtie and an aer upgrade to keep up.

I have produced some jet fuel. I think the speed at which I have been progressing in Reika's mods is very nice. I got to utilize and have fun with other mods before they get totally invalidated by the power of RoC/ReC/CC. Now that I have a ME system capable and ready to be used, I have some pretty big projects on my plate.

Thanks for reading!

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
At the risk of sounding dumb...is this a downloadable modpack you're playing, or something you put together yourself? I'm playing through Infinity again and I'm hitting that point where I have what I want and want to do something else, but the base isn't that advanced. This pack looks good, if it's a pack. ;)

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
At the risk of sounding dumb...is this a downloadable modpack you're playing, or something you put together yourself? I'm playing through Infinity again and I'm hitting that point where I have what I want and want to do something else, but the base isn't that advanced. This pack looks good, if it's a pack. ;)

It's a custom pack I have made and refined over the years. Started in 2014 if I recall correctly. I still have the first iteration of the pack and the world that I spent the most time in --- might do a video tour eventually because I still like going back to that world and just walking around. Was one step away from a fusion reactor :p