Open Placing Signs On Chests

3AlanKing3

Summary of the problem Placing Signs On Chests

Pack Version 3.0.15

What is the bug? Whenever I try placing a sign on a chest/doublechest, the sign places down but i cant write in it because right as I place it on the chest, the chest opens even when I'm holding shift. It happens randomly, like when I first place down some signs on chests, nothing happens, and after i placed down several signs on chests, then I starts happening.

Mod & Version None, the signs are chests are vanilla.

Link to log file I'm not sure how to work this link thing.

Is it repeatable? Just keep placing down signs on chests and write in them until it happens. I discovered the bug in survival mode.

Known Fix The only fix i know is either placing a block above the chests so the chests cant be opened when you place the signs on it, or use the Sign Toolbox to edit the sign when placed on chest and unable to edit it when placed.

Reactions: Demonic kookaburra
S

StarmasterK13

I'm having the same problem, where every sign i place even when sneaking on a right clickable object just places the blank sign and does the right click function. It is very annoying. I am playing in 3.0.14. There is an update, but I couldn't get it to work, and that wasn't in the changelog.