Pizzawolf14's attempt at a build journal!

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Title will be changed once I get more creative and/or decide what the theme of this project will be. On the topic of themes, suggestions?

Anyway, my play style is completely the opposite of @Iluvalar, so this'll be a slow ride in comparison. Without further ado, let's get this show on the road. Using a custom modpack with nothing really unusual, mostly 66 of the most-used mods ever. Some notables that I plan on using are GT, Thaum, and RoC. I'll give a mod list if enough people want it. My traditional name for the world is "Earth", although that's not important at all.

Spawned in, and the starting chest (Yes, I use a starting chest. Hang me :p) was mysteriously broken:
vb3heba.png

A little view of the starting area:
hiTsmHS.png

Mostly went to the east, into the mountains and mesa. Nothing really interesting from the mesa, save for a little plateau with decent views. North of that, in the extreme hills, there's a cult thing from Thaumcraft:
V1iSVV3.png

And a greatwood with spiderwebs:
e0az3Le.png

Also there's one of those weird sinister node altars with a chest:
YqPFW8v.png

At the end of the day, I retreated under a recess in the mountain and made starting TiC equipment before I remembered that beds exist >_>
SXMQFqU.png

After I mine for a little bit, I'll do more interesting things, mostly building with a very, very small dose of minor technology.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Nice start! Looks like you got an interesting world. What's that orange region in the map? It looks like red rock or mesa, but looks very low-lying for that, looks pretty cool. :)

Theme suggestions. Hmm. Well you have Rotarycraft you say? Not many people do build journals with Rotarycraft that I see, so you could (possibly lategame) do a large power-plant build with rotarycraft?

Also, absolutely take your time and go slowly if you want to. Too many people rush through tech and then get bored before they do much in a world. Take your time, smell the roses. :)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I have a small problem...

Step 1: Be me.
Step 2: Try to have a giggle by naming a piece of rotten flesh in a tool station.
Step 3: Cause a nonreplicable crash that corrupts the world.
Step 4: Rage-delete the instance.

So yeah...I apologize to any that started to follow this.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I have a small problem...

Step 1: Be me.
Step 2: Try to have a giggle by naming a piece of rotten flesh in a tool station.
Step 3: Cause a nonreplicable crash that corrupts the world.
Step 4: Rage-delete the instance.

So yeah...I apologize to any that started to follow this.

Ouch. o_O

Of all things to kill a world... Well, I'll avoid getting on first-name terms with any rotten flesh in the future. :p

Sorry you lost your world man :(

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
On the bright side you get to... START OVER!!! The rush of the loading screen as you wonder "What biome will I start in?" The fresh new world smell... It's not all bad :D And you've learned not to name your meat.

Reactions: Lethosos and Inaeo

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I started a new world! Forgot to take screen shots from the early stages, but I still have some of the infrastructure.

I honestly have no idea where I spawned, but I settled down in a cave in a giant rock salt vein.
OEDAt0l.png

You can see the little entrance to the mine down to the right. Those chests mainly store ores and various rocks.

Also down in the mine is a nickel & cobalt ore vein which is the OP source of my cobalt tools.
C9sYjOx.png

My Tcon setup is also down in this hole, but I'm sure everybody has seen enough to build one IRL so I'll skip it.

Apparently, the later at night it gets, the more I hate myself, so I explored an ocean and got a lot of clay. Like, a really insane amount of clay.
MV3eHnX.png

My GT steam factory with exhaust pipes that actually look like they fit in!

Bronze age machines, took about 2 hours of tin hunting (still haven't found a cassiterite vein >_>) and...
10ZdQJk.png

The steam room underneath. used to be a simple coal boiler, but once I replaced the machines and pipes with the steel variants (I found at least 5 medium-large brown & yellow limonite ore veins when looking for cassiterite) and macerated them into bronze dust to make solar boilers.
wiZ2cma.png

ubr4EGz.png

They're a little slow, especially with rain and/or at night, but I don't use the machines enough to really need more.

So, this is the new world, hope you like it! I plan on doing botania next in the dark forest next to my factory pretty soon. First, I'll have to go to the nether to look for tin, as 3 extreme hills biomes have turned up a grand total of 0 regular-sized tin ores.

Speaking of extreme hills biomes, bonus pic of a place where I will eventually make a secondary base.
IBagqfB.png

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I started a new world! Forgot to take screen shots from the early stages, but I still have some of the infrastructure.

I honestly have no idea where I spawned, but I settled down in a cave in a giant rock salt vein.
OEDAt0l.png

You can see the little entrance to the mine down to the right. Those chests mainly store ores and various rocks.

Also down in the mine is a nickel & cobalt ore vein which is the OP source of my cobalt tools.
C9sYjOx.png

My Tcon setup is also down in this hole, but I'm sure everybody has seen enough to build one IRL so I'll skip it.

Apparently, the later at night it gets, the more I hate myself, so I explored an ocean and got a lot of clay. Like, a really insane amount of clay.
MV3eHnX.png

My GT steam factory with exhaust pipes that actually look like they fit in!

Bronze age machines, took about 2 hours of tin hunting (still haven't found a cassiterite vein >_>) and...
10ZdQJk.png

The steam room underneath. used to be a simple coal boiler, but once I replaced the machines and pipes with the steel variants (I found at least 5 medium-large brown & yellow limonite ore veins when looking for cassiterite) and macerated them into bronze dust to make solar boilers.
wiZ2cma.png

ubr4EGz.png

They're a little slow, especially with rain and/or at night, but I don't use the machines enough to really need more.

So, this is the new world, hope you like it! I plan on doing botania next in the dark forest next to my factory pretty soon. First, I'll have to go to the nether to look for tin, as 3 extreme hills biomes have turned up a grand total of 0 regular-sized tin ores.

Speaking of extreme hills biomes, bonus pic of a place where I will eventually make a secondary base.
IBagqfB.png
Nice job. Although gt seems complicated.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Nice job. Although gt seems complicated.
I take it you're new to GregTech? *chuckles* I can only watch stuff like this while understanding none of the tech, so you'll get no judgement from me! I'm utterly hopeless with most of the tech mods, but am functionally peerless in magic mods among my friends. To each their own and all that, yanno? Having said that, I poked around in GT very briefly back in 1.6 and found it entirely incomprehensible to me at the time.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you're new to GregTech? *chuckles* I can only watch stuff like this while understanding none of the tech, so you'll get no judgement from me! I'm utterly hopeless with most of the tech mods, but am functionally peerless in magic mods among my friends. To each their own and all that, yanno? Having said that, I poked around in GT very briefly back in 1.6 and found it entirely incomprehensible to me at the time.
i like every mod but Gt lol

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Noted ;) I'll go into RoC, seeing as I've got iron coming out of every hole in my body.

I should be able to round up screenshots when I get home in about an hour, but I leave for a mission trip with my church on Saturday so it'll be the last update for a week and a half or so.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Update time! I started botania, but I discovered I was under-informed. Spent about an hour getting petals for dayblooms and nightshades, and they withered away. Oh well...
LcRpXpQ.png

Greenhouse. Should probably light it up, but ehhh.

You can kind of see the flowers that burn stuff into mana on the left side. The petal apothecary is on the right. Also, i really need to get an enchanting table to spend these levels on before I lose them, but again, ehhh.

Also did this:
FuAY6BX.png

Not a great spawn in the nether, it was randomly in the air. Luckily, there's a nether fortress a short cobble walk away.
SONZSwH.png

Also made a little vault where I plan to make a relatively self-sufficient apocalyptic base. If you have any suggestions, I'm open.

The entrance to said place.
atHJwpN.png

Under there is a surprise for another day...Don't worry, it's definitely not a mess, no. There's very, very good stuff down there.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
SONZSwH.png

Also made a little vault where I plan to make a relatively self-sufficient apocalyptic base. If you have any suggestions, I'm open.
Now that you mention it, I've never quite figured out how to make a good, effective, and ultimately -safe- base in the Nether. Never seems to behave how I want it to, and I've never seen one that looked good to me, so I'm quite curious how you'll handle that. I suppose it involves Magnum Torches or whatever from Extra Utilities, but that seems like such a cop out... /shrug