PC Advice

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, mum is looking into buying this computer and I'm wondering if it'll run FTB. If it does she's gonna have to fight me for it! Because my current one doesn't run it very well xD

Medion Akoya E4110D (MD 8239)

Specs:

AMD A8-7600 Quad Core APU with integrated AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (No Discrete card built in, but that can be arranged! :p )

2 TB HDD
Windows 8
8 GB of 1866 MHz RAM

So, whatcha think? Can the graphics built into this APU handle ftb? I can always use Advanced OpenGL if the GPU is overwhelmed, but that'll only help a bit. This pc is also capable of using Mantle, which may definitely help the frame rates.

So opinions?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I would consider something with dedicated graphics. Other than that, it looks fine.

With a GPU, It'd be beefy enough to run a pack as large as resonant rise, and although It wouldn't run it the fastest it will run it fast enough to enjoy

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
How big is resonant rise? D: Meaning how many mods does it have? I've looked at the page but it doesn't actually list a number although it does list all the mods... and there's a lot... xD

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to get a dedicated graphics card anyways, get an Intel Haswell chip. Much better speed per cycle.