Out of Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconic

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I have run FTB or Even Minecraft, so it's possible I have overlooked something. I am attempting to run the new Direwolf20 1.5v2 (v1.1.3) modpack with Minecraft Version 1.5.2, but after a few minutes it runs into an out of memory error.
2013-08-28 11:18:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] @ Post render
2013-08-28 11:18:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] 1285: Out of memory
2013-08-28 11:18:51 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] ########## GL ERROR ##########

I looked on the support site first, and I was going to install optifine, since that is supposed to help. Then I read this on the thread it linked:
You guys should be aware that from 1.5.* onwards Optifine doesn't work properly with Forge mods so using it at all is not recommended: it will break things.

I am running windows vista, with 6GB of ram. Minecraft is only running as a 32 bit program. I'd be greatful for any help or suggestions to clear up this issue, and get things working.

Here is my full Pastebin Log from the console. Maybe something in there will prove helpful.

http://pastebin.com/CbDscSiP

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You only have a 32bit os so you can only allocate 1gb of ram to the FTB launcher. You need a 64bit os for the 64bit java. You also can't use the full 6gb of ram you have because the 32bit version of windows will not use anything above 3gb.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
First try increasing the amount of memory for your client under the launcher options. It should let you go up to 2GB.

If that fails then you will need to install 64bit java, so you can have access to all your RAM. You will also need to change how you start FTB, as the default setup only uses 32bit java. I dont have a link handy so you will have to search the forums here.

Draconic

Jul 29, 2019
Ahah, so it was probably just barely running last time around! Thank you, for the helpful suggestions! I'm running it now on the 64 bit side, and can alot more ram to the program!

Status
Not open for further replies.