OreSpawn causing crashes on FTB Infinity

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Xygen8

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
OreSpawn causing crashes on FTB Infinity
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
What the title says. OreSpawn (not part of the pack, I installed it) causes the game to crash with a "Shutting down internal server" thing every time I go to a snow biome. Apart from that, it works fine. The game stops crashing if I remove OreSpawn.

I've been googling the error it gives and people are saying it's caused by the game not being able to handle all the entities (max 255 different types of entities, any more and it crashes), however, I used NEI to export a list of all the entities in the game and there were only 243 of them so I don't think that's causing it. Help pls.

Last edited:

Xygen8

Jul 29, 2019
That's not very helpful. Of course it'll start working if I remove the mod. What I'm asking is "what's causing this and is there anything I can do to get it working".

DragonOfDread

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have Optifine installed. Just like the crash report says, try reproducing the crash without optifine installed.

ShadowHawk707

Nov 20, 2014
Orespawn is a very different mod, and probably won't be compatible with a large modpack. Though I think TheDiamondMinecart had a series where the modpack had orespawn as well as a large amount of tech and magic mods, so it is possible.

I did some research while writing this post and found this: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=29055.0
The problem you are having could be being caused by too many mods registering mobs wrongly. Try and remove some mods that add lots of mobs if you can.

Xygen8

Jul 29, 2019
I did some research while writing this post and found this: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=29055.0
The problem you are having could be being caused by too many mods registering mobs wrongly. Try and remove some mods that add lots of mobs if you can.

That's what I thought too, but as I said, I exported the list of entities and there are less than 255 of them so it should work. I tried removing EnderZoo and Witchery (40 entities in total) but it's still crashing. I also tried enabling "removeErroringEntities" in the forge config but that had no effect. I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with incompatibility.. I did a bit of googling and it seems that it might be caused by OreSpawn itself. I guess I'll have to send them a bug report or something.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
That's what I thought too, but as I said, I exported the list of entities and there are less than 255 of them so it should work. I tried removing EnderZoo and Witchery (40 entities in total) but it's still crashing. I also tried enabling "removeErroringEntities" in the forge config but that had no effect. I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with incompatibility.. I did a bit of googling and it seems that it might be caused by OreSpawn itself. I guess I'll have to send them a bug report or something.

Which is what I said already remove from the pack because it has been known to cause problems.