Bug OpenPeripherals Direwolf20 1.7 pack

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was playing and fooling around and thought I could make my Steve's Factory Manager and I tried ComputerCraft in combination with OpenPeripheral and thought it was as easy to use as it was in 1.6. However, I came to the sad conclusion that there were no special methods in a way I could check what kind of item was in slot 0 of a chest (just an example). Is this a bug or do I need to do something special?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Umm you do know SFM has it's own methods (not the programming type) of slot detection... right?
When you go in to the location section of a tab that lets you set the side that the command is working with you will see "use slot ID".

Then again it totally depends on what you are trying to do.

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Umm you do know SFM has it's own methods (not the programming type) of slot detection... right?
When you go in to the location section of a tab that lets you set the side that the command is working with you will see "use slot ID".

Then again it totally depends on what you are trying to do.
I would like more flexibility and even go as far as detecting how much RF is in an energy cell. Lua is just less hassle then SFM.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
With Mikeemoo gone, there's currently only one OpenMods dev, boq, who I've read somewhere is too busy with OpenBlocks to properly update OpenPeripheral. As such, it hasn't really been touched for months, except for a small commit from a few days ago.

From the OpenPeripheral Jenkins page, read:
WARNING
This mod is not fully ported to 1.7 yet. It will start, but there is no integration.
That means that there are NO peripherals in there (except for ones that are explicitly added by mods like OpenPeripheralAddons).

By downloading this snapshot you acknowledge, that I will shout like a maniac at you if you create Github issue titled "inventory function not working"

Reactions: GamerNebulae