Omnia, Low FPS, Radeon 590

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

lynchpin

Aug 6, 2020
Thanks for your time up front.

I've been using the Classic Launcher for a while and have always disabled textures in the foamfix.cfg file to address the low FPS problem. Yesterday I installed the modern launcher and attempted to play Omnia, but I seem to be experiencing the low FPS issue as with the Classic launcher.

Upon trying to locate the foamfix.cfg file for this round for MC, I am unable to locate the .cfg file in its typical location. I also ran a search across all drives for the file and was unable to locate it. Has the file had it's name changed or are have the controls to disable the textures been migrated to a different file or menu?

Thanks again for your assistance.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
but I seem to be experiencing the low FPS issue as with the Classic launcher.
The issue comes from the drivers for your graphics card.

Foamfix is not in the Omnia pack so you need to try and sort out the issue via the controls of your graphics card - I don't use Radeon myself so I can't give you any pointers, but there should be others around the internet - if you use a search engine to find the answer.

With that said, this is how you find the files for a pack/instance on the FTB app:

You can find the file if you go to the 3 dots on the packs image:
1597147277681.png

Then click the button, "Open Folder"
1597147303287.png