Offline Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego98512

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get internet everyday, but I play Minecraft everyday. I really love FTB, but my only problem with it is that when I am offline it doesn't load the mod pack. If there is offline support please let me know how I can fix my problem. Thank you!

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
I second that and ask you very much about one feature for the next launcher version: please, add "Play offline" button. MC login\session servers are not constantly online, and without them we won't be able to download new FTB release or play the game. Also, it will be great to keep the name in offline mode (like in MultiMC), cause I am sad, when I am Steve :)

So, if MC server will be down, I won't be able to play FTB in my single player world. And, so to speak, official MC launcher do support offline mode.

That's why I'd like to Slow and launcher team give me the answer, if there will be offline mode. It won't hurt (also they could look at MultiMC source code and get that functionality with no pain).

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
This is a feature that MultiMC handles better. As has been discussed, Forkk and the FTB team have been working in collaboration so that the Mod Pack and MultiMC complement and extend one another, rather than in competition and some may assume. Since MultiMC handles this functionality on the client, and since slow has made it clear he himself is not implementing offline mode support, the clearest solution is that you will need to import your FTB instance to MultiMC if you want to play in offline mode.

Importing works fairly decently as is, but I know Forkk was working on some improvements as it was mentioned during the launch yesterday. I'd say "stay tuned" on that end.

As for why FTB will never support it natively, thank the people who can't be bothered to purchase a license of Minecraft. From the streams, it's pretty clear that this is one of those non-negotiable things and I don't blame them a bit for it.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have a paid account, so how easy is it to use MultiMC with this? I want to put FTB on my laptop so I can take it to work, where I have no access to the net.

NVM, just installed it into MultiMC and it works. Thanks, man.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Slowpoke101 is on stream at this time of this post. ( http://www.twitch.tv/slowpoke101 )

And has said there will be in Offline button in the newest release BUT! You will still have to log in with a minecraft account once.

Thanks, man. Looking forward to it. Have a question though (off-topic): Can the present version of Redpower 2 and Thaumcraft 2
work with this? Will there be an update? Please understand that it's my first time getting used to Forge and FML, so I'm trying to figure things out.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, man. Looking forward to it. Have a question though (off-topic): Can the present version of Redpower 2 and Thaumcraft 2
work with this? Will there be an update? Please understand that it's my first time getting used to Forge and FML, so I'm trying to figure things out.

Will these work with this minecraft? No.
Will there be an update for 1.4.2? Probably not since it's under 48 hours till 1.4.4 is out.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Will these work with this minecraft? No.
Will there be an update for 1.4.2? Probably not since it's under 48 hours till 1.4.4 is out.

And of course the mods will have to be updated again. Thanks for letting me know... :(

R.Y.N.O.

Jul 29, 2019
So... i really hope they get offline support asap... i am offline A LOT, and i do like to play single player when im offline...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Well, for some strange reason, MultiMC no longer works with FTB and the game crashes when I try to play offline. Will make a thread with a crash report soon.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
You could just copy over the FTB pack to multiMC and then start it up in offline mode there. This solution should work though and offline mode would be nice to see.

R.Y.N.O.

Jul 29, 2019
You could just copy over the FTB pack to multiMC and then start it up in offline mode there. This solution should work though and offline mode would be nice to see.
yes you could... but then what is the point of having the FTB launcher anyways? Why didnt they just allow offline support just like vanilla minecraft?

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
yes you could... but then what is the point of having the FTB launcher anyways? Why didnt they just allow offline support just like vanilla minecraft?

Thats exactly what I think. Honestly for now I am going to cut the slack and say that its still got bugs its still in beta in needs more work to be done.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
There is somewhat an offline mode now is that if the login servers are down and you have at least logged in once then you will get an offline button.

however if Creeperhost or you have no internet you won't get this button.

will there be an offline mode? Don't think there will be allowed to many loop holes to crack the launcher.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Like it or not, the launcher's already been cracked. It's going to happen, especially with it being open source. Just like Technic Launcher was. So, the pirates can play whenever they want. But people who bought it legit? Nope. We have to have internet access to play. Honestly, almost any anti-piracy effort you make ends up giving the pirates a better service than the legit users.

Reactions: Taylorsamy and Abe
Status
Not open for further replies.