Problem No proper shutdown

L

Livux

Very often, my Revelation server doesnt shut down. It just tells me "Stopping server" and then it does nothing anymore. It does not end the server properly. Nothing in the logs.
After minutes, the cmd.exe says "Exiting ..." and is able to close but I can't start another server instance, it tells me the port is already in use. Can someone help?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
If the port is still in use, you either have a window running server minimized somewhere - or there's a "ghost"-process still using that port.

Either use PowerShell to find the process and stop it, or use Task Manager.

This will show you what process is using 25565:
Get-Process -Id (Get-NetTCPConnection | where {$_.LocalPort -eq "25565"}).owningprocess

This would stop the process - mind that this will force the process to stop and if the world is running it will not save and the world might get corrupt:
Stop-Process -Id (Get-NetTCPConnection | where {$_.LocalPort -eq "25565"}).owningprocess

Some questions:
What windows version are you using on that machine?

Do you have any Antivirus software installed (not counting the built in one)?

L

Livux

Hey @grandrolf
What I noticed is that some mod might be the issue but I cant find it, at least for now.
Really weird is that the cmd console stops After like 10 mins, normally, but the port is "being used". Nothing in the task manager, no process no service.
I dont have this Problem on a forge server without maps or on another port (I think). But I want to use 25565.
Its really weird. Nothing in the logs.

I use Windows Server 2012 and no AntiVirus.

L

Livux

Okay @grandrolf when I end the server (and it does not properly end), it first has an idle process, WS(K) is 4 but everything else is 0. After I closed the cmd and java, the port is not being used, but I cannot start the server, cause it tells me, its already in use. Wtf.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Can you show me the exact message - take a screen shot and share

Windows 2012 or 2012 R2?

L

Livux

Hi, here the screenshots: i.imgur.com/cQXxpxs.png
i.imgur.com/zrRwvPC.png

Windows Server 2012 R2

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
When you get that "the port is in use":

Can you check just with:
Get-NetTCPConnection | where {$_.LocalPort -eq "25565"}

And:

Get-process *java*

And:

Get-process *cmd*

Do you get any hits/results with that?

And also get the fml-server-latest.log and use paste.feed-the-beast.com, then share the link here

L

Livux

Weird is, I do not have an fml-server-latest.log or anything fml...

Other screens: i.imgur.com/g7vy0rU.png and i.imgur.com/qqtxdcD.png

Thank you for your help

EDIT:
Ok, the java process is gone, but the CMD is a "hidden process" that was still active after I typed in "stop". That's really weird, man. It was fully active, but even after I ended the process with the task-kill command, the port was still in use.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
1 - CC cleaner - do not use that, it will just break your system

2 - DrWeb, plesk <--- that's antivirus software - make sure to add java and the minecraft server folder to whitelist or exception

Is this a Domain controller as well?

L

Livux

I noticed that I don't have that problem with other ports, only 25565 - weird. Can someone help anyway - does someone have a clue?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I noticed that I don't have that problem with other ports, only 25565 - weird. Can someone help anyway - does someone have a clue?

Isn't me trying to help you out good enough?

To be clear, the issue isn't with the pack it self, the issue is with something on your machine/OS - or the use of it.

The 2 things I pointed out (cc cleaner and the AV software) - did you sort that out, or did you just feel that my suggestions wasn't good enough and didn't bother?

Some possibilites and well educated guessing about not having issues with other ports:
perhaps you're not starting/stopping other processes / applications / services as you do with Minecraft - and therefore not noticing
perhaps other applications are applications that the AV software is aware of, and therefore not blocking

If sorting out AV doesn't help - and we hope that CC cleaner didn't break your system already:
Do a:
Get-Process
in powershell - this will list all running processes, look through that and try to figure out what could be blocking/breaking stuff

If you need further help with the matter, perhaps contact the hoster if they offer the support - or contact Microsoft for further help.

L

Livux

Your help is awesome - I just thought about maybe someone that has the same issue or had. Your advice is helpful. With "someone" I also mean you, but other people may read that too.

Thanks I will try it out!

L

Livux

Might be really a driver issue. I'll test it out and let you know. Thanks @grandrolf for your 'grand' help. :p I really appreciate it. <3

L

Livux

Found a fix. I don't have freezes anymore. What I did was Windows Update (optional) + update of my network adapter card.