New to FTB/MP

AlbertLooper

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I've been playing modded Minecraft for a while now but so far it has always been SP. I've decided to finally make the jump to MP to experience the creativity and ingenuity of other players.
FTB looks to be great modpack with a nice community.

I'm currently looking around which server I'd like to join. Preferably a mature one (I'm 29) with a focus on neatly designed yet practical and technical builds. Any suggestions in that department would be appreciated.

What I love most about Minecraft is the complexity of all the different mods working together.
I'm a huge fan of pipes/tubes/machines/redpower wiring and figuring out how to make something work in general. A big part however (perhaps the most time-consuming) is the creative aspect of the game to make the aforementioned technical build look nice as well.

Redpower microblocks help a lot in that department and I sometimes use them more than regular blocks. :>
An example of my previous build can be found: here (youtube vid)

Anyway, glad to be here. I love this game and any recommendations for a server that might suit my playstyle would be great!

- Albert

Reactions: Crazysuyash

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
An example of my previous build can be found: here (youtube vid)
Always good to show-off a bit, eh? :)
Welcome to the FTB Albert. I don't know of any good servers, but I'm sure there are people who will and show off as much talent as you seem to have.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I thought i recognized that avatar from somewhere.... The video confirms it. Welcome to FTB, I expect a new project horizon by tomorrow morning, chop chop.

AlbertLooper

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciate it.

Welcome and great job on that build. I would suggest TahgCraft although I just applied and haven't had a chance to actually be on the server.
Tahgcraft does seem like an good choice indeed. The Mystcraft addition is pretty important imo, though I understand it has some difficulties with MP.

I thought i recognized that avatar from somewhere.... The video confirms it. Welcome to FTB, I expect a new project horizon by tomorrow morning, chop chop.
Hey Entropy, yeah I already registered before and lurking a bit, but I registered again with my ingame (and real) name for clarity later on. As far as the Horizon building goes, I had an amazing time designing it and I'm currently thinking about which way I wanna go in Minecraft. Either the architect path and design a new massive building with all the cool bells and whistles, or a server admin path by creating an interesting map concept that people can join.
At the moment I'm just doodling some idea's on paper for both those options.

Minecraft fever again. Oh boy... :>

Ps: Which texture pack are you guys using for FTB? I've always used Sphax before and have grown accustomed to the color pallet but I'm also trying Soartex right now as a lot of people seem to do. It's cool as well but it means figuring out (once again) which block combinations look good together. I've noticed the obsidian and nether rack for example looking really blurry/unfinished that kinda messes up some of my previous room designs.
Will both texture packs gain full support for FTB you think?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm digging Johnsmith, it's really good from an aesthetics point of view, very classy. Soartex is also amazing, but a little "fuzzy" sometimes. I know Johnsmith has like 95% of mods textured, with the only exceptions being Gregtech and Twilight Forest.