new minecrack server a bit laggy?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Prank

Jul 29, 2019
I ran the beta server on there petfectly fine. but this minecrack server seems to be giving me lag.
blocks not breaking and just doesn't feel smooth.

Any ideas?
should i make a new start file and give it more ram?

Im also playing local, its set too offline mode.
so im a bit confused.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to guess you wound up on one of the huge tree biomes, which is causing a lot of block and/or lighting updates. I tend to get performance issues when I start near those, but the issues go away eventually.

Prank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to guess you wound up on one of the huge tree biomes, which is causing a lot of block and/or lighting updates. I tend to get performance issues when I start near those, but the issues go away eventually.

Um, its snow and grasslands, but there might be some close by, i didnt play long. maybe like 20 mins. and it was still pretty much block lag none stop so i stopped.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
My server is having the same problem in 1.4.6 as well. Doesn't seem to be a mod at fault here. Noticed a few other people getting weird "flickering" blocks and just worse server performance when switching from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6. You can still play the game just "fine" but the server can feel a bit off, like it's lagging or something, which in my case is just hilarious because the server is 5 meters away from me. Never had any problems running a ton of mods on my 1.4.5 server and it's not really the amount of mods or lack of mods that is the problem it's just something weird with 1.4.6. Good thing is I saved a copy of my 1.4.5 server and client, just to be on the sure side I booted them both up and... NO problems whatsoever. Tried 1.4.6 and started seeing flickering blocks. Kinda funny because it's basically the SAME mods. Well, I blame Mojang... they must have done something.

Prank

Jul 29, 2019
My server is having the same problem in 1.4.6 as well. Doesn't seem to be a mod at fault here. Noticed a few other people getting weird "flickering" blocks and just worse server performance when switching from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6. You can still play the game just "fine" but the server can feel a bit off, like it's lagging or something, which in my case is just hilarious because the server is 5 meters away from me. Never had any problems running a ton of mods on my 1.4.5 server and it's not really the amount of mods or lack of mods that is the problem it's just something weird with 1.4.6. Good thing is I saved a copy of my 1.4.5 server and client, just to be on the sure side I booted them both up and... NO problems whatsoever. Tried 1.4.6 and started seeing flickering blocks. Kinda funny because it's basically the SAME mods. Well, I blame Mojang... they must have done something.

that sucks, the beta pack server works perfectly fine for me. so why shouldnt the minecrack one? same amount as mods pretty much also so im confused. maybe i need to give it more ram, but its on a 32bit but the other server worked perfectly fine.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019

Are you by any chance using Optifine? That could cuase flickering blocks and any other kind of weird glitches on the client. If you want to use Optifine i'd sugguest that you either wait till there is a NON Ultra version or deactivate the threaded options in the Ultra versions.

Prank

Jul 29, 2019
Are you by any chance using Optifine? That could cuase flickering blocks and any other kind of weird glitches on the client. If you want to use Optifine i'd sugguest that you either wait till there is a NON Ultra version or deactivate the threaded options in the Ultra versions.

does the server come with this? iv been so busy and haven't had time to check. but yeah it doesn't feel as smooth as it was. and bad block lag.