NetworkDispatcher Exception

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Disenfranchised

Jul 29, 2019
Title NetworkDispatcher Exception

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Rouge Like Adventure

Modpack version 1.16

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/GJAp0eaf

Details of the issue Suddenly cannot connect to a server that I was previously able to connect to. So, this occurred randomly. I was just doing my thing, laying some cables, and the server stopped responding for me. I waited and got ioException, nothing big I've had issues with it before. So I asked the server owned to restart it as it had been kind of laggy recently. He did so, and when I tried to connect, ioException. Constantly. From here on out I wouldn't be able to connect again.

So we started with general debugging. I had him go to my exact position and see if he crashed, nothing. Okay, so it didn't appear to be a world issue. Moving on, we backed up all player files and deleted them. Couldn't connect. So I went ahead reinstalled the modpack, thinking a config issue. Nadda. Next up I did a clean restart of my computer (Never know) and what do you know? Nothing. So I began coming through my logs and all I could find was the above descriptor. I will note I have been able to connect to this server for the last 4 weeks. Nothing has changed on the server side aside from a RAM upgrade but that was about two days after the server came up.

Researching this issue has proved to be difficult. What little I can find is unhelpful. Some say its because of slow hardware, others say its because of slow connection, some say it happens on all types of machines and connections. I will go ahead and list what specs I have currently, this is subject to change in the next week or so.

Processor: i7 960
GFX: RX480
RAM: 16 Gigs DDR3, passed memOKAY

The connection is subpar but has never been an issue with any other mod pack.

11mbp/s Down
1.2mbp/s Up

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinu5oid

Apr 12, 2020
Russia, Omsk
Hi
Currently I and my friend are playing on 1.12 Direwolf 20's modpack hosted on dedicated cloud server
We are having the same issue, even if the ping is pretty low and upload/download speed is sufficient enough
Anyway, just trying again and again does the trick for us

It doesn't appear to be an issue with misconfigured server and / or mods
Found that, please check if it will help: FML forum post

---
Regards, Andrew