"Nether Star Power Station" Sustainable Nether Star Generators

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fully sustainable Nether Star Generator setup capable of outputting 409,600 RF/t. Now I know this is not the easiest way to get Power in bulk but is surely a interesting way and is really fun to set up in your world :). The only limit to this is your supply of nether stars and is completely modular meaning you can stack the Generator "cells" as much as you want each one adds another 40,960 RF/t. But remember each nether star only lasts 2 minutes in a generator so your supply of nether stars must be regular enough to cope.

I recommend checking out my Wither Boss Farm to have a efficient way of getting nether stars: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/the-hourglass-simple-wither-boss-farm-ftb-monster.45420/.

Large Generator Setup: 1,000,000,000 RF in 120 seconds fully sustainable:
KWkVUgx.jpg

Single Cell:
ILD7vg7.jpg

Kj7sF5f.jpg

Generators are switched off when power is full to prevent wasted nether stars:
ioQkymT.jpg

Here is a in-depth video showing how it works:

Please feel free to ask me anything and be sure to leave any feedback :)
- Orson

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
"Sustainable" rather implies(no it actually means) that it runs on itself without exhausting resources. The reactor setup is not sustainable as in it uses up nether stars. Was as exited as you were implying that your setup was creating its own nether stars to run on. It does not, it is merely a setup using some basic control mechanics to regulate the system(which is still refreshing to see as most people just plop down reactors and let them run 24/7).

What is actually sustainable is your nether farm, as that will keep going for ever(I would guess so, but dont actually know). The reactor setup is in no way sustainable.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why on earth not just connect the generators directly to the tesseracts? Would halve the number of tesseracts needed. Or if that is not possible for some reason, then just run the 2 conduits to the same tesseract again saving half the tesseracts.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
"Sustainable" rather implies(no it actually means) that it runs on itself without exhausting resources. The reactor setup is not sustainable as in it uses up nether stars. Was as exited as you were implying that your setup was creating its own nether stars to run on. It does not, it is merely a setup using some basic control mechanics to regulate the system(which is still refreshing to see as most people just plop down reactors and let them run 24/7).

What is actually sustainable is your nether farm, as that will keep going for ever(I would guess so, but dont actually know). The reactor setup is in no way sustainable.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why on earth not just connect the generators directly to the tesseracts? Would halve the number of tesseracts needed. Or if that is not possible for some reason, then just run the 2 conduits to the same tesseract again saving half the tesseracts.

The Nether Star Generator "setup" is not the only part of the system. As i explain you need to have some kind of Wither Boss farm. With this setup, if you were using the entire 409,600 RF/t to keep your power from failing you would need to kill a wither every 12 seconds at least. So yes the setup is not sustainable on it's own. However, I made this to be paired with the wither boss farm design i posted a while ago meaning with a the farm it is more than sustainable especially seeing as most people do not drain their entire power supply; The wither boss farm design i was using is completely automatic and fast rates (1 wither per 5 secs) so it is sustainable but I take your point :)

As for the tesseracts, they are actually not needed at all in you really wanted to not use one. Two ender conduits take all the power so if you kept them in a separate channel you could just use the conduits, but joining the separate conduits merges the power load. In all honesty i just used 2 tesseracts to make the design flush, i realize i do not need to ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As for the tesseracts, they are actually not needed at all in you really wanted to not use one. Two ender conduits take all the power so if you kept them in a separate channel you could just use the conduits, but joining the separate conduits merges the power load. In all honesty i just used 2 tesseracts to make the design flush, i realize i do not need to ;)
Yeah definitely agree on using the tesseracts instead of running the conduits from each generator to the capacitor bank. It just completely eliminates any question of bandwidth problem.

My point is that you don't need the conduits at all and you definitely don't need 2 tesseracts per generator!

You could simplify the setup a lot by just doing this:
7WHonTQ.png

And you can save your materials on tesseracts further by having 4 Generators share a Tesseract:
mxhnAth.png

Jp0Xt4I.png

Reactions: OrsonThinks&Talks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Could actually also stack them in a 5x5 tower like this:
ZxV9W84.png

Each layer having 4 Generators and 1 tesseract. The wireless reciever will turn on the red Pipe Wire signal which which is programmed to set redstone signal in all the Iron OR gates(Iron OR gates programmed: Items in inventory->Redstone signal on, Red pipe signal on-> Redstone signal on)

Reactions: E_DM_B
Jul 29, 2019
Yeah definitely agree on using the tesseracts instead of running the conduits from each generator to the capacitor bank. It just completely eliminates any question of bandwidth problem.
My point is that you don't need the conduits at all and you definitely don't need 2 tesseracts per generator!
And you can save your materials on tesseracts further by having 4 Generators share a Tesseract:
Dude, this is fantastic :) Know I think I may be the dumbest person on the planet because I had the impression that Nether Star Generators did not output directly into a tesseract and I decided this without testing it XD I should of rethought how I did this whilst i was designing it. Thanks alot for this ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Dude, this is fantastic :) Know I think I may be the dumbest person on the planet because I had the impression that Nether Star Generators did not output directly into a tesseract and I decided this without testing it XD I should of rethought how I did this whilst i was designing it. Thanks alot for this ;)
Hehe nps. I think anything that output RF will do so directly to a tesseract without any problems.

R

RizeTv

I don't suppose you still have a world down load for this do you? I would really appreciate it, also would this design still work in FTB Infinity?