NEI in dev environment?

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been trying to get NEI working in Intellij, however whenever I add it to my mods folder it crashes the game upon startup. Yes, I added CCC. Yes, I got the dev version of the mod.
Here's the console thingy: http://pastebin.com/6U13794Y

I'm using the latest versions of NEI and CCC, however I've also tried the recommended versions, both cause the same crash.
CCC alone does not cause any crashes, and putting other mods into it doesn't crash either.
Anyone else managed to get NEI working?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I just submitted a pull request because it's a super trivial thing.

Remove the dev version from the mods folder; that's not where they go. That folder is identical to the mods folder in a modpack; it is for loading mods. If you just want to have NEI but not read/utilize its source, just add the main mod files to the mods folder.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
I did, also had to refresh gradle to get the dependencies loading, if that makes any difference.
Ran setupDecompWorkspace and gIR again, still same crash

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
CodeChickenLib is not finding the MCP files it needs, go to its config file and find "mappingDir". Then change its value to the path of MCP's conf file, which should be located at C:\Users\<username>\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10\unpacked\conf

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
CodeChickenLib is not finding the MCP files it needs, go to its config file and find "mappingDir". Then change its value to the path of MCP's conf file, which should be located at C:\Users\<username>\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10\unpacked\conf
Well that worked ^^ Thanks to everyone who posted here, issue resolved