Need Some Advice

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Flubberj

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm looking into starting a private server with a couple of friends. I am basing my mod pack off of the Direwolf20 back with a few changes. Most notably getting rid of modular power suits and industrial craft. I thought a good base idea was for people to have 1 "major" and 1 "minor" or 3 "minors." If you majored in a mod you would get certain starting equipment in a mod and if you minored in a mod the same concept applies to a lesser extent. I'm primarily looking for advice on which mods to make majors and which mods to make minors. I am also open to any advice onto mods that could be added. Currently I have AP2, Blood Magic, Beekeeping, Mystcraft, Railcraft, Thaumcraft 4, and Witchery offered as majors or minors. I have Botania, ComputerCraft, Factorization, JABBA, PneumaticCraft, Steve's Carts 2, TC, and Twilight Forest as minors. And I'm also looking into making a broader "tech" major. Any advice would be appreciated.

Beanxxbot

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of advice are you looking for? How to execute, how to make a pack, how to start a server?

Bean