Need help transferring my FTB singleplayer world.

A

A-A-ron57

Hi there, I recently restored my computer (for performance reasons) and obviously when restoring a computer it deletes everything you had before, but I saved some files via a flash drive including my ftb world save. So I reinstalled ftb client on my refreshed and restored computer and I want to play on my singleplayer world I have saved but i'm not sure how to transfer it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So the 1st step would be to re-install the packs you playing as well using the launcher. Once you can load a brand new single player, then all you need to do is copy over the saves folder from your backup to the folder that contains the pack. The location of that will vary depending on how you re-installed the launcher and which launcher you are using.

A

A-A-ron57

Okay so I tried what you said, and It didn't work. Let me just make sure I understood you right and didn't do anything wrong. I should have my whole "saves" folder from what I have saved from my last computer, and I need to copy it then paste it into the FTBinfinity folder (which is the pack i use), and then I should be able to see and play on my world in Singleplayer?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Basically Yes. When you create a brand new world (call it TEST1) the game creats a folder called TEST1 inside of the saves folder. So if you can find the saves folder then just copy the save folder from your backup to the new location the pack is using for saves. If you look inside of the TEST1 folder you will see various folders and files including the level.dat, region, playerdata, etc. These are the files that make up your world/save.

Reactions: A-A-ron57
A

A-A-ron57

So I went through all the steps again and It works now! It turns out, I had the wrong launcher version selected. Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!