My World - Infinity

WateverJ

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to FTB in terms of actually playing it, I'm playing on the Infinity pack, and am having a great time, so I thought why not show what I'v managed to get done in my first 6 or so hours playtime.

Firstly, I'm getting my power from a nether lava pump, into an ender tank, and then into 12 Magmatic Dynamo's, it's early game but it is enough for now.
u2YkJTo.png

rKLjT2X.png

This energy is then put into my Resonant Cell, which is passed through a Tesseract to a quarry.
e4Pbgoa.png

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, here is where the quarry's output turns up. This was quite fun to set up and get working, its not perfect yet, but hopefully it soon will be.

TjVa7QS.png

The ores come out and go into a dispenser in order to shoot them out onto my production line. This is temporary until that lovely Immersive Engineering is released, but it is the same sort of concept.
IIunRgM.png

Here, everything is sorted into ores, dusts/gems, and blocks.
q9JWx50.png

The ores are pulverised into dusts, and then sent down the line to the furnace.
m47VCWE.png

Finally, they are stored into a diamond chest.
2Bdterz.png

What happened to the gems and dusts you may ask?
They went through a packager, which compacts them into blocks for easier storage.
4gbh1Pv.png

So that's my base so far, next I am collecting pages to create a void world in Mystcraft.

WateverJ

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so after many hours of waiting for the quarry to run, hunting for pages, mining nether quartz and glowstone, and building, my factory is finally designed. However what to put inside it, and what to build as an idea of how it is floating eludes me, and suggerstions? Im thinking of trying either jet engines or going steam punky and having big baloons.
AHFQtmj.png

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
umm... it has a smoke stack. so, small island with magnetic thingamabob at the bottom half embedded in the rock?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
IMO the factory looks too old to have magnets look like they belong. I'd go with something that looks as polluting as possible, given the age it is located in looks like industrial hell.

WateverJ

Jul 29, 2019
umm... it has a smoke stack. so, small island with magnetic thingamabob at the bottom half embedded in the rock?
I thought about this but had no idea how to make an island underneath it look realistic.

IMO the factory looks too old to have magnets look like they belong. I'd go with something that looks as polluting as possible, given the age it is located in looks like industrial hell.
So perhaps add some pipes to the sides spitting out green/black goop, and have it lifted by lets say a few steam punky type airships?

Reactions: pizzawolf14