My first minecraft/FTB worlds

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
Just like title says was my first map after I converted from Tekkit and thought I could share some of it and maybe get feedback on stuff im currently working on.

So my first camp where I decided to settle and learn about the differences of the modpack.
2013-08-03_20.44.29.png

I got a good ol treefarm that runs on solar power by day and trying to get it on coal by night. What I did with this inspired a future build on a different map of a forestry sky scraper that has a different farm on each level both in the air and underground.
I may make another post once I have gotten more finished on that map.
2013-08-03_20.45.01.png

I finally got automated wool not to long ago :) which is what im using for my current new build.
2013-08-03_20.45.06.png

My thaumy lab
2013-08-03_20.46.51.png2013-08-03_20.46.28.png
2013-08-03_20.47.01.png

So for now Im pretty much letting my machines just do what they do and stock up for my new base which will go for mastering many other mods and having tons of stylish rooms for each of them I do master.
Im basing it off Ulduar from World of Warcraft which I stopped playing during cataclysm.
2013-08-03_20.42.14.png2013-08-03_20.43.11.png 2013-08-03_20.42.30.png
So far after 2 days I got the entrance and no this isnt creative C:
Will also have a nice view of a mutated volcano nearby :D just need keep wood and wool away but it at least helped in taking out some thouse pesky trees for me ^_^
2013-08-03_20.42.42.png
Id say Im 25% done with the base but 0% with the new beginning I have planned for my new home.
So Ulduar had a train to travel around it so Ill have to learn about railcraft a bit more. But to get the that eerie mystical feel throughout the halls I think I have the idea planned.
From what I remember alot of dwarfish faces all over the place.
And giant stained glass windows everywhere.

Post what you think or any ideas to improve my new base, Im confident to work on the inside that will look pantheon like but confused what to do around that on the side also in the air, and I want to add things underground so any ideas to what building styles or machines I could put where? Especially stumped on block color im thinking mostly netherbrick and dark woods for the inside : /

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I've moved this thread to Community Showcase, where I think it's better suited (Maps is more for "here's a special map for you to download and do things with").

Also, looking forward to see what you do with the Ulduar look. It's a rather titanic undertaking. =)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to rail systems, you may also want to take a look into Steve's Carts. It's somewhat resource-intensive as far as redstone goes, but it's a lot of fun and well worth the effort. ;) I don't know if the Steve's Carts carts can be linked to Railcraft trains, but if push comes to shove you could always have a Steve's Carts cart push a Railcraft train from behind (if I'm not mistaken).

EDIT: Pun not intended, but totally appropriate. :p

Reactions: Vauthil