Multiple Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinfoilchef

Jul 29, 2019
I want to be able to have multiple profiles with different mods enabled / disabled on each however I am unable to create a second profile in the launcher.

I select "create profile" from the dropdown, enter login details, edit the profile name and click "Ok".

It returns an error "Unable to create profile." without any further information about why. I've looked at the log and it says nothing about this error at all.

tinfoilchef

Jul 29, 2019
Is the profile you're trying to create a Minecraft.net or Mojang account?

My account is a minecraft.net, created back in Beta 1.3. The 1st profile works fine. It's when I try to create a second, with the same login info but a different profile name, that's when I get the error message.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can do that, because it's still the same account. I haven't quite figured out why there is a Profile Name section.

tinfoilchef

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can do that, because it's still the same account. I haven't quite figured out why there is a Profile Name section.

I don't see why not. To me, the whole point of having multiple profiles would be specifically for being able to have multiple instances with different configurations (not to be run at the same time of course) in a manner similar to what MultiMC does.

Why it would have a problem creating multiple profiles with the same account information is beyond me. It's a valid account and I can only actually USE one of them at a time.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
This could be solved by using multiple launchers i guess.
But as of right now i doubt the launcher can do what you want it to.
The profile simply contain your logindata and nothing more, so even if you did make multiple profiles it would still behave exactly the same on each one of them (as far as i know)

tinfoilchef

Jul 29, 2019
This could be solved by using multiple launchers i guess.
But as of right now i doubt the launcher can do what you want it to.
The profile simply contain your logindata and nothing more, so even if you did make multiple profiles it would still behave exactly the same on each one of them (as far as i know)

I tried that and all it did was launch the existing profile. Seems the launcher is keeping that data in appdata/roaming/ftblauncher and no matter what directory you start the launcher from, it uses the original FTB folder & configuration. The only answer I've come up with so far is to manually rename the directory in appdata/roaming to create multiple instances. A royal P.I.T.A. to say the least.

Perhaps it can be made to be compatible with Multi-MC to solve the multiple instances issue. Meanwhile I guess I need to write a batch file to rename folders when I want to switch configs

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to do this you will have to move the pack over to MultiMC i don't think this feature will be in the launcher since Slow has already said that he doesn't want to take everyone away from MultiMC.

megaftbpro

Jul 29, 2019
mine says when i log into my ftb account invalid username or password if i am wrong can you tell me how to create a profile

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
mine says when i log into my ftb account invalid username or password if i am wrong can you tell me how to create a profile
The login information needs to be for you minecraft account.....exactly like you login into the basic minecraft....except...........

Status
Not open for further replies.