Multifarm automation question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WIDEO

Jul 29, 2019
So I have 3 Forestry multifarms set up for force trees. 1 of them being 3x3x4 and the other 2 being 4x4x4. My question is, I want to automate the farm so I don't have to manually put dirt and fertilizer in it every 10-20 minutes. I tried using item tesseracts/ender chests to export fertilizer and dirt from my ME Network hoping it would pump in those items to the farm and stopping when the farms are full on dirt/fertilizer However, when they do get full, items continue to pump and spit out all over the ground and that's just wasting resources. Am I doing something wrong or is there another method I can use? Or is it just not possible? I am using version 1.1.4 of FTB Unleashed

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics provider and supplier pipes to keep a min. amount of items in stock ?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Did you place the tesseract right next to the farm hatch or did you use pipes?

You might also want to look into applied energistics. I've used that to push fertilizer / saplings into multifarms before and that worked just fine.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're not using AE directly, I assume the farms are fairly far away from your network. So:

Multifarms should offer gate conditionals for <25% soil and <25% fertilizer. Using that, some pipe wiring and some emerald pipes should allow you to set up an on-demand pumping solution from a local storage, like an ender chest.