movement glitch in both nether and overworld

mgiancaspro

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced / fixed this issue.

very frequently in the nether (and enough to be annoying in the overworld). I will be moving through the world mining/gathering/etc and my character will be unable to move forward and actually be stuck when there are 0 actual obstructions.

the character vibrates (shakes back and forth) and some but not all instances I start receiving damage as if i was suffocating or had blocks falling on me. the only way to escape is to mine my way out, and certain blocks in specific cause the issue, (some almost 2 blocks away) so if I mine every block around me except the block that's causing the problem I will be unable to escape and continue to... vibrate lol

the game does not crash, but it impacts game play significantly.

im running a number of mods, tconstruct thermal expansion, rail craft, helpful villagers.

Can anyone lend some insight into this issue?

mgiancaspro

Jul 29, 2019
some of the block drops have been glitching as well, though i am not sure if this is related. If I break blocks above me some of the dropped items fall down to the ground disappear start over and fall to the ground again, repetitively and indefinitely

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
First thing that comes to mind is, are you far enough away from spawn to start experiencing Far Lands-like glitches? If you've traveled in the range of millions to billions of blocks, the glitchiness you're experiencing might be due to rounding errors in the positions of your player and other entities. If the game suddenly thinks that you're inside a wall, you'll start suffocating and have to mine your way out.

If that's not the case, my guess is that there's some serious desync issues going on. I would guess that this is most likely to happen if you or your server (if you're in SMP, that is) has an iffy internet connection, so some data gets lost in transit.

I've also noticed items or XP occasionally dropping off of things then warping back up, only to fall again. It happens when the server (or internal server, in the case of SSP) thinks that the item is sitting on top of whatever block it's sitting on, but your client thinks it should fall off. You can fix it (on a case-by-case basis) by going up to wherever the item warps up to, where you should be able to pick it up normally.

mgiancaspro

Jul 29, 2019
So I am not far enough away from spawn to experience far lands glitches i generally only go only 5-600 blocks away from my spawn in either overworld or the nether cause im playing survival without cheats.

I'm playing single player and as far as I know I'm not playing on the internet at all (but I'm hardwired into high speed internet anyhow)

Though even without being on the internet, could there still be a desync issue between my computer and minecraft? And how would I go about trouble shooting that?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So I am not far enough away from spawn to experience far lands glitches i generally only go only 5-600 blocks away from my spawn in either overworld or the nether cause im playing survival without cheats.

I'm playing single player and as far as I know I'm not playing on the internet at all (but I'm hardwired into high speed internet anyhow)

Though even without being on the internet, could there still be a desync issue between my computer and minecraft? And how would I go about trouble shooting that?
I have no idea how you would debug such a de-sync between the client and its internal server. Maybe the logs provide some information but I wouldn't be surprised if they won't(upload them to pastebin and post the link here).
Something else that might help is an exact mod list, maybe someone on this forum knows about a bug in the used mods(assuming the mods you posted are not all of them. A screen shot of the mods folder is enough assuming you didn't rename any files).

mgiancaspro

Jul 29, 2019
the attached is a complete modlist that I'm running now, i used to run optifine too but then it started making the server crash. I'm going to try and remove flan's mod, It had caused regular crashes with helpful villagers when making archers (and only archers caused this problem) every time they picked up something from flans that dropped off the mobs.

How would I access the logs? I generally only see the crash logs in my launcher, but this issue has yet to cause a actual crash, just a consistent inconvenience.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 55