Mouse sensitivity change when sneaking.

holbewoner

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow gamers,

I have a quick question, when I hold shift my mouse (field of view) moves much slower is there any way to disable this?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Does your mouse have some type of "sniper" mode that could have been mapped to shift?

holbewoner

Jul 29, 2019
Does your mouse have some type of "sniper" mode that could have been mapped to shift?
My mouse can adjust its sensitivity however I have not added any rules that would tell it when to do this (I haven't told my mouse to decrease it sensitivity when pressing shift in general or while in minecraft)

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a different mouse to try and see if this problem is due to the mouse or due to something on your computer?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Does your mouse come with some type of configuration software that you could check? You may want to check if somehow the dpi change got mapped to shift.
Also, does this only happen in minecraft or does it happen when you hit shift while browsing the web/playing other games?

holbewoner

Jul 29, 2019
My mouse can adjust its sensitivity however I have not added any rules that would tell it when to do this (I haven't told my mouse to decrease it sensitivity when pressing shift in general or while in minecraft)

problem only shows up when playing feed the beast in normal vanilla mc it does not show this behaviour

holbewoner

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like it was Optifine. now I just have to decide what I hate more, the glitchy Jabba barrels and Thaumcraft ore blocks + the stupid shift issue I posted about originally or the..... Fog (I really hate fog) if any of you know of a way te remove fog without optifine plz let me know.

Edit: After 5 min of playing with fog I decided that optifine was def the way to go. Funny enough after re adding it to the list of mods to load the issue with my mouse did not return.
So if you are having similar problems my advice is remove optifine from your mod list play for 5 min freak the f!@# out, re enable optifine and you should be fine xD (well except for the glitchy textures but I think we all accepted that a while ago :p)

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Seems like it was Optifine. now I just have to decide what I hate more, the glitchy Jabba barrels and Thaumcraft ore blocks + the stupid shift issue I posted about originally or the..... Fog (I really hate fog) if any of you know of a way te remove fog without optifine plz let me know.

Edit: After 5 min of playing with fog I decided that optifine was def the way to go. Funny enough after re adding it to the list of mods to load the issue with my mouse did not return.
So if you are having similar problems my advice is remove optifine from your mod list play for 5 min freak the f!@# out, re enable optifine and you should be fine xD (well except for the glitchy textures but I think we all accepted that a while ago :p)
... increase render distance?

holbewoner

Jul 29, 2019
Well I did play around with render distance a bit and I found that in the nether when playing without optifine on the maximum setting (16) I was unable to see what I was looking for (nether fortress) while with optifine I am able to see said structure on a render distance of 8

Last edited: