mods that shoud be in minecraft

cartofu1

Jul 29, 2019
i'm wondering about you guys[and the admins\and the girls] what mods do you think shoud be in vanilla minecraft
or what mods do you woud love to be in vanilla minecraft:
-from my perspective i think it should be cool to be :

-Matmos here is the url: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/379925-132-matmos-r17-environmental-sound-atmosphere-simulator/
-dynamic light: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/184426-dynamic-lights/
-suport for bigger textures(optifine): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...b3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
-nei: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-125132-smp-chickenbones-mods/

that all i have in mind for now ,plase don't say mods like ic2 or buildcraft

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
It think basically any mod that is Out there. The devs should be able to "upload" their mods and then the Players should choose which Mod they wanna have for them :) impossible i think but awesome idea isnt it? :)

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Stanekk said:
It think basically any mod that is Out there. The devs should be able to "upload" their mods and then the Players should choose which Mod they wanna have for them :) impossible i think but awesome idea isnt it? :)

Can't that just be achieved through a mod pack?

cartofu1

Jul 29, 2019
i said what mods would you like!!!! :glare: say the name of the mod!! if you wanna say something correct!!! :grin:

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
cartofu1 said:
i said what mods would you like!!!! :glare: say the name of the mod!! if you wanna say something correct!!! :grin:

Thats where a thread like this goes... You Start at an idea and it may get bigger.

And rampant i mean something really big, organised by the community but made from mojang. Just a System to have everything in normal Mc quick and awesome. But this here is better. Its FTB :p

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
first of all: for stock minecraft, there is no need for nei (in my oppinion)

and i would relly like to see things like the microblocks and logic gates from redpower in vanilla minecraft^^

Metroflame669

Jul 29, 2019
I think mods like more pistons should be in the game, because is makes it so easy and clean to make huge epic doors. Also their not super complex so people wouldn't star freaking out.

A few of the Rail-craft features could be implemented as well, such as Cart Dispensers and disembarking tracks. Not all of it just a little bit.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
The redstone and logic gates parts of redpower would also make so much sense to reduce redstone induced lag in servers, and having it in vanilla would permit not to wait monthes for RedPower to update each time^^ (troll).

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
The redstone and logic gates parts of redpower would also make so much sense to reduce redstone induced lag in servers, and having it in vanilla would permit not to wait monthes for RedPower to update each time^^ (troll).

Exactly, like when they introduced repeaters... the could easily do the same with other redstonegates

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't think minecraft should add anything "techy" by default, but the additions of microblocks would be great, and maybe some of the features from inv tweaks but not much else. Users should be able to choice the mods they want.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
FTB modpack should be minecraft then again that will overwhelm some people that love how it is now.

Added in choose between the two.

Sounds like perfect minecraft for everyone =P

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft really should be. Or at least the functionality of the portals. Normal nether portals just don't cut it in comparison.

icedale

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft really should be. Or at least the functionality of the portals. Normal nether portals just don't cut it in comparison.

I used to think something similar to that, till I realized it would completely destroy the need for ingame rail systems. Can't really say the vanilla rails are more efficient than a simple speed potion and a path to walk but with the addition of Railcraft and possibly Steve's Carts there's a ton of fun ingame hours there. I recently found you can with a bit of work decide where you want the portal to spawn in the Overworld, making the Nether effectively a decent way to travel large distances in the Overworld if you build a rail system in the Nether connecting portals.

In any case and since we're talking about Vanilla I doubt something as jaw dropping as the Nether bases and rail system the guys at Hermitcraft built would have a reason to be if something like Mystcraft was an integrant part of Vanilla Minecraft.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I used to think something similar to that, till I realized it would completely destroy the need for ingame rail systems. Can't really say the vanilla rails are more efficient than a simple speed potion and a path to walk but with the addition of Railcraft and possibly Steve's Carts there's a ton of fun ingame hours there. I recently found you can with a bit of work decide where you want the portal to spawn in the Overworld, making the Nether effectively a decent way to travel large distances in the Overworld if you build a rail system in the Nether connecting portals.

In any case and since we're talking about Vanilla I doubt something as jaw dropping as the Nether bases and rail system the guys at Hermitcraft built would have a reason to be if something like Mystcraft was an integrant part of Vanilla Minecraft.

I have to disagree with that. It may make the vanilla rails useless. But then again I never really used them much anyway as they were still pretty slow. These days an ice path with a speed potion trumps a minecart anyway.

I also like the customization of the portals, the shape and whatnot. That would prove very useful for a lot of builds.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I think they should (and will) add something like the dynamic lighting mod you linked but at least for me matmos is just annoying. Like sciguyryan was saying they should definitely add more features for multiple dimensions not necessarily like mystcraft but more admin type features a bit like the bukkit plugin multiverse.