Modpack Instances

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I've really been missing this from the FTB launcher.
when you download a pack from the launcher, it's 1 instance and 1 instance only. meaning you can't download more versions of that pack, without changing the first download.

now MultiMC works with instances, meaning you can actually copy 1 instance, change a bit around, and you've 2 instances of pretty much the same pack. it'd be nice if FTB launcher could also have this function.

instead of downloading a modpack with just 1 instance, you could instead make a new instance, and tell the launcher which modpack and which version of the pack it should use. you can rename that instance any way you want, and you can copy or move it around as you like through the launcher. but you can still make a new instance, with the exact same modpack, but for example a different version, or the same version, with some changes.

I'm requesting this because I sometimes play on a server that uses an old version of a pack, but I'm also playing a newer version of that pack in singleplayer aswell. this would require me to either constantly upgrade/downgrade the pack, and losing all my custom work, or I need to copy/move folders around the whole time.

I know I could also just use the MultiMC launcher instead, but that requires you to use another program, and still forces you to move around folders. so having this option in the FTB launcher would be very nice to have.