Request Modpack Inclusion Chart for Website

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have played on all of the difference launchers out there, FTB, AT, Technic, and I love FTB the best. I play Infinity a lot because I have a very diverse interest in mods, but what I don't like about it is how long it takes to load up, despite having an extremely powerful computer.

My suggestion is to make a mod inclusion chart for people to cross reference the different packs with what they want to play. For example, think Excel. On the left is a list of every mod included on the mainstream mod packs (Infinity, DireWolf, Daybreaker, etc) and across the top is a list of the mod packs themselves. Then a dot or check mark in the cells indicating that this pack has this mod.

The idea is a person could quickly cross reference their desired mods with the packs they are in while leaving out the extra stuff they do not want. Want EnderIO, Big Reactors, Forestry, and Pam's Harvestcraft, but don't want a full kitchen sink mod? This chart could help you find the lightest weight pack while ensuring the mods you want are still there.

If you really want to get fancy with it, you could even add drop down filters that update your packs as you select various mods. Example, I want to have AE2 so I select it in the first filter, every pack that does not have it now disappears or grays out. Now I know I definitely want to add something that isn't as mainstream like 2nd hotbar. All of a sudden I have a selection of 2-3 packs that I know has exactly what I want. This could also help people select a new pack that has a lot of mods that are unfamilar to them while keeping some of their "base required" mods.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Doesn't seem very up-to-date or correct. For example, it forgets to mention that RFTools is also included in Daybreaker.
Yup. That's probably the biggest problem. As soon as those list are not automated they tend to die :(

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yup. That's probably the biggest problem. As soon as those list are not automated they tend to die :(

Well in case of daybreaker it apparantly was never up-to-date since RFTools has been in there since the beginning.

But anyway, it would be great if a list like that could be auto-generated somehow. I guess that this should be possible at least for modpacks that are on Curse but may be harder to do for non-Curse hosted modpacks.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Like everyone said, those lists aren't up to date, but they are a start so +1 for pointing those out to me!