Mod is changing vanilla recipes

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dcf007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda new to Feed The Beast, I downloaded the Unleashed modpack (and added some mods to it), now I saw that I couldn't make a iron shovel with just 1 iron and 2 sticks, I need an iron plate, iron hammer and iron file or whatever, it's more then 1 iron for just a shovel, can't even make a bucket anymore, can someone tell me which mod this is causing? And how to disable it?
Thanks

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you downloaded the Unhinged modpack with Gregtech. It changes tons of things and if you're not having fun now, it only gets worse with the changes it makes.

If you wanted Unleashed then you need to go download the correct modpack.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
We can't really be much help at the moment. It does sound like you got Unhinged instead of Unleashed. Check first what pack you are using. Also a list of mods you added would be helpful to figuring out you issue. As a note as the previous post said Gregtech (if you are using it) changes a lot of thing, vanilla recipes included. I tend to think of this mod as ultra hard mode cause I'm no where near good enough in Minecraft to be called pro like some I could name (Direwolf20 and many mod devs).

All that being said there are many mods out now that change recipes on us. Without knowing what mods you are using it is near impossible to tell which one changed things on you.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I'm kinda new to Feed The Beast, I downloaded the Unleashed modpack (and added some mods to it), now I saw that I couldn't make a iron shovel with just 1 iron and 2 sticks, I need an iron plate, iron hammer and iron file or whatever, it's more then 1 iron for just a shovel, can't even make a bucket anymore, can someone tell me which mod this is causing? And how to disable it?
Thanks
Liar. You downloaded the Unhinged modpack. While that is (arguably) 10 times more fun, if you want to disable the expensive shovel, you should switch to the Unleashed modpack, or change the gregtech config.

Reactions: TheBaconator

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
He might really have downloaded Unleashed and added in GregTech manually. He did mentioned he added some mods.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Just cook up some bronze and make a Forestry Survivalist's Shovel and pick, at least until you get enough parts to make a jackhammer.

Don't know why Forestry tools aren't affected by the Gregtech changes, but they're stupid changes anyway and I always turn them off.

dcf007

Jul 29, 2019
He might really have downloaded Unleashed and added in GregTech manually. He did mentioned he added some mods.

I'm sure I downloaded the Unleashed pack and yes I added Grechtech to it, my friend said that I should add the grechtech mod because it was a very nice mod he said, now I know it is not.
Thanks for telling me which mod it was! Now I can leave it out.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
He should have explained what it does to you instead of just saying it is good. I admit it does add some interesting stuffs but the tedium and grind it adds is legendary. Not to mention that it fraks around with other mods as well as vanilla because, OPed.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
<snip> my friend said that I should add the grechtech mod because it was a very nice mod he said, now I know it is not. <snip>
I wouldn't go that far, but it's safe to say it's not for everyone, and certainly not for someone who's new to modded minecraft.

As a suggestion, if you wait a day or two, the Direwolf20 pack for 1.6.4 will be out, which will give you more current mods, as well as the vanilla changes (horses, stained clay, etc.). You might want to take a look at that rather than investing a lot of time on a pack that's likely not going to be updated.