Mod Ideas?

raptorrage01

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm relatively new to modding, and I want to make an addon for Tinkers' Construct. But i have no idea what to do. I am Looking for ideas, and any would be appreciated, like new tools, or maybe new functionalities? Anything would be appreciated

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
A way to mix the bookshelf and exp usage from vanilla with the modifier and repair mechanics from TiCon.
Exp cost ramps up with the type and number of modifiers used, starts at 0 for unmodified and could easily exceed 150 levels with endgame tools.
Bookshelves spread over a wider area than vanilla- say a 25x25x25?? cube centred on the tool forge.
Maximum level is capped by the number of shelves in range.​

Though a simple- but brilliant- addon would be to use the entire stack of material when applying fortune/haste/sharpness to tools instead of cycling through 1 at a time.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Hmmm....a repair modifier that runs on XP. Other thing I would like are smeltery blocks of different types. For example, I would love to have blocks that look like red brick. The other thing I thought of was making obsidian in a smeltery. Take the seared stone, combine with another melted item to create it. Then it can be cast into blocks. Not sure what the other item would be.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo already does that? The Nether variant requires nether materials for the red variant of the smeltery blocks. Check the fluids for "Molten Obsidian". If not there, it's probably from ExtraTiCo.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
TiCo already does that? The Nether variant requires nether materials for the red variant of the smeltery blocks. Check the fluids for "Molten Obsidian". If not there, it's probably from ExtraTiCo.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

For the red brick not referring to the Nether variant. Was thinking of the red clay bricks that are made using clay balls. As for the molten obsidian I am not aware of any recipes that allow you to combine different materials to create it. The ones I find start by putting obsidian blocks into the smeltery.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm....a repair modifier that runs on XP. Other thing I would like are smeltery blocks of different types. For example, I would love to have blocks that look like red brick. The other thing I thought of was making obsidian in a smeltery. Take the seared stone, combine with another melted item to create it. Then it can be cast into blocks. Not sure what the other item would be.
You can already make obsidian in the smeltery. Pour in water, and lava, and they "alloy" to liquid obsidian.