Mod Development

christopher bernard

Jul 29, 2019
im making a minecraft mod for mc 1.7.10. . basically the working title is The Better Sciences Mod and what it does is add a ton of new items to mc so you can build a proper Laboratory. im new to programming in java so java tips would very much be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and good day

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
No expert at all, probably 0% experience with Java programming... but I think if you're new to programming of any sort, it's best to start with the basics of it... and you know, not go straight into making a mod for a game.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
If you're just new to Java, you can pick up syntax easily, but if you're new to programming in general, I advise you to take your time. Rushing into a cool idea while being extremely limited by ability sucks. There are plenty of good tutorials out there for learning Java, and for starting forge modding. There are also plenty of open source projects out there to use as help and reference. For design tips, the community here on the forums are extremely willing to share ideas and preferences.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I find that, for me, learning languages is easiest and most efficient when I make practical programs. Tutorials and stuff never really do it for me, because a) copy paste, b) I learn things that are just utterly useless in the real world and c) I never improve my code because I never use it, so I never find issues.

I also agree with vapour.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
im making a minecraft mod for mc 1.7.10. . basically the working title is The Better Sciences Mod and what it does is add a ton of new items to mc so you can build a proper Laboratory. im new to programming in java so java tips would very much be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and good day

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
Well the only way to help you There is to tweet this guy About It
https://twitter.com/tterrag1098?s=09
He posted something About how to Start modding a while ago
Hes Ender io dev

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk