"Minecraft can't keep up!" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAccountant_

Jul 29, 2019
After about 15-30 minutes of playing my client will start to lag every couple of minutes for two or three seconds, and it gradually gets worse and worse until it happens every 15 seconds and then it just shuts down. It displays the following:

2013-03-20 00:06:14 [WARNING] [Minecraft] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I have a 2.8 GHz cpu with 4 gigs of ram operating on Windows 7. Any ideas? It always seems like it's one problem after another. As soon as I sort one issue out, I get something else...

Kitsuhime

Jul 29, 2019
I get that spaming my console, however as I'm a very patient person I just brush it aside and kept playing. Although I did some tests one day disabling some mods though and it appears to be caused by lite loader. Why and for what reason I do not know. Maybe someone else can give the both of us a heads up.

CaptKerrsin

Jul 29, 2019
Are you playing on a server or single player world? My server had that problem because of an OP villager breeder that spawned so many villagers it bogged down the server's cpu to the point it couldn't run. Ended up having to wipe the world and start fresh. :/ That was server side, not client side but still sounds similar. Anything in your world that would be generating a lot of lag, something chunk-loaded perhaps that will continuously run?

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running an SMP server on your comp and playing or are these internal server messages? Something 'bad' could be happening, like an infinite loop in a ComputerCraft block... items looping or backed up in a pipe/tube system, etc.

xXMineFabiXx

Jul 29, 2019
Try that:
Open FTB launcher, goto Options, goto Adv. Options, and enter this at additonal java parameters: -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

TheAccountant_

Jul 29, 2019
I actually did try that after posting, and so far I haven't had an issue. I'm knocking on wood, but, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.