Not open for further replies.

perroman8698

Jul 29, 2019
  • Launcher Version 1.2.2
  • Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
  • Java Version: 1.7.0_07 (64 Bit)
System Specs:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
  • Intel i7-3920X @ 2.90 (3.1 Overclocked)
  • 32 GB DDR3 RAM (Dual Channel 16 GB)
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M
Now that is out of the way, I have had a sudden frame drop on the Mindcrack Pack between v6 and v7. I have been running FTB with 16 GB of RAM as well as a server for one/two of my close friends and for the longest time I had been running fine (70+ FPS on far, max everything on optifine) on v6. Once I had updated to v7 I had a slew of server problems (since which I have fixed) but my FPS has dropped to around 10-15 on my earlier options. Even putting my game on fast graphics and short render distance I can get max 30 FPS with common drops down to 20. I doubt it is server related though because on single player I have the exact same problem with no improvement. Take note that vanilla Minecraft still runs at 70+ FPS and I have no problems hosting a vanilla server. Any ideas?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what the difference is between V6 and V7, but between vanilla and a mod pack (DW2 / Mindcrack) is huge. If you whould have used the search function you whould see your not the only one asking questions about it.

Simple fact: The more mods that use some kind of tick count / tick update / graphics it lowers the FPS of the client.

That said the DW20 and Mindcrack have alot of mods in general and several that use the tickcount, this decreases the overal performance (FPS for example) of the client (Player).

So dropping from 70+ to 30 - 30 ish is alot but not really, looking your using a 670M GPU, i reckon your on a notebook, otherwise it whouldn't make sense to have such a huge FPS drop. My I7-2600k with 8GB and a 5970HD card drops from 120+ FPS (vanilla) to 60 / 70 fps (DW20V4). This both in single player and connected to a server on LocalLan

perroman8698

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what the difference is between V6 and V7, but between vanilla and a mod pack (DW2 / Mindcrack) is huge. If you whould have used the search function you whould see your not the only one asking questions about it.

Simple fact: The more mods that use some kind of tick count / tick update / graphics it lowers the FPS of the client.

That said the DW20 and Mindcrack have alot of mods in general and several that use the tickcount, this decreases the overal performance (FPS for example) of the client (Player).

So dropping from 70+ to 30 - 30 ish is alot but not really, looking your using a 670M GPU, i reckon your on a notebook, otherwise it whouldn't make sense to have such a huge FPS drop. My I7-2600k with 8GB and a 5970HD card drops from 120+ FPS (vanilla) to 60 / 70 fps (DW20V4). This both in single player and connected to a server on LocalLan
While what you said is true, the problem I've had is on v6 I had something like 60 FPS and now on v7 I only have 10-15 FPS. Up until the most recent update I haven't had that much of a frame drop compared to vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.