Mac [MindCrack] Update/Download Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
So it seems like other people have been having the same problem lately, but I haven't found a solution in any of the other threads concerning this problem yet.

I have been using the MindCrack pack but keep running into problems. At first I got the occasional "Shutting down internal server" error, to which I found the fix on here, after that everything worked perfectly well.

Now when the new version of the MindCrack pack came up I tried to update to it. It started downloading all right, but right before the download finished the progress bar changed from "XXXXX of 3XXXX Kb" to "XXX of 994 b" and I got an "Error while downloading Modpack". At first I thought that might be a temporary thing and I just played the old version without updating. Today I thought I'd give it another try which didn't work, then tried it again and got the same problem.

This time however something went way wrong and now the launcher does not give me the option of playing without updating (it tries to launch, then the "Launch" button stays grayed out and I can't do anything until I restart the launcher). In the console it says that the Modpack is up to date, so I guess it thinks the update worked (which it did not) and that somehow causes my problem.

Re-downloading does not work either since that gives me the same problem while downloading the Modpack, so now I'm stuck unable to play FTB anymore. I hope that this gets fixed soon since it seems to be a common problem. If anyone here has any suggestions on what I could to (maybe a temporary fix like someone uploading the neccessary files?) I'd really appreciate the help.

Here's the log I get when trying to launch the MindCrack pack if that might help:

http://pastebin.com/xuScwjkz

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but how did you manage to resolve your problem with the "shutting down internal server". I seem to be having the same problem. Sorry I do not know how to help you out. Many thanks for any replies.

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I found the fix for that in a thread here which I don't remember (well at least it worked for me, no idea if it will work for you too):

Go to the options -> advanced options in the launcher and add -XX:permSize=128m in the "Additional Java Parameters" field. Since I did that i haven't had another crash.

Reactions: Jeza

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it again today - removing all of my FTB files and downloading it again - still no luck unfortunately. Has anyone got any other idea what i could try?

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
No it's not based on the location of the files. After deleting all the files I am by the way back to the launcher trying to update when i click the launch button but failing, it no longer shows me the "modpack is up to date" message. I even tried direct downloading the files (in the console it shows you the creeperrepo link to the modpack) - no luck there either, the pack downloads as a .zip but it fails to unpack.

Edit: Here's the log for my attempt after deleting everything again
http://pastebin.com/s9twB0aK

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I really have no idea what to do anymore. Could someone just pack up his minecraft folder with the mods without the saves and upload it? That's the only thing i could think of how I could get this to work apart from just waiting it out until whatever bug this it gets fixed (or installing the mods all seperately which is exactly what I don't want to have to do - not having to do that is why I'm using FTB after all - or switching to another modpack like tekkit which I don't really want to do), and i really don't have the patience for that anymore, seeing as how nobody even seems to notice it as a problem.

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it with different modpacks and different download servers (EU, US etc.) - nothing works. Getting really frustrated with this...

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah as I said earlier that helped with my freezing/shutting down internal server problem I had. Unfortunately my new problem with downloading/updating modpacks has nothing to do with that :(

nfxs

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i had the same problem. Here is what worked for me, and is not the best solution, but: I uninstalled java 64, installed java 32, then it worked fine, mod download and gameplay.
The game runs a little slow though. But ok i can play.
Hope this helps till they fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.