Mekanism, how to get a crusher to suck items out of a chest on top?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a mekanism crusher to be fed automatically from a chest that is sitting on top of it. According to the wiki this should work (i.e. you don't need pipes to feed items into mekanism machines). However I don't understand the color codes and configuration of this machine. No matter what settings I use I can't get the machine to take my items out of the chest and start processing them. The machine works fine if I manually insert items though.

Any idea? Thanks!

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
I do not believe that is a possibility unless the chest itself has a output interface on it. I've been playing for mekanism for a while now and from what I understand, they will output to a chest at the end of a machine with no problem. But I do not think there is a way to do the reverse. Though I maybe wrong, I still am not to sure about strict input, so you might wanna fiddle around with that for a bit.

Reactions: RealSketch

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Mekanism doesn't have this ability. You could putting the bin on top of the machine in auto output mode. This is done by clicking on the bin with the configurator.

Reactions: RealSketch

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Thanks for all the replies. I probably misinterpreted what I read. In any case I will experiment with hoppers and/or pipes from Mekanism itself which seem to have the ability to be color coded. Just need to get a grasp on how this color coding works.

Threenines

Jun 1, 2022
You need to shift right click with a configurator on the end of the transporter connecting to the chest, then turn specific inputs on in the block you want to input to, and match the color with the transporter by shift right clicking the middle of the transporter with the configurator

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You need to shift right click with a configurator on the end of the transporter connecting to the chest, then turn specific inputs on in the block you want to input to, and match the color with the transporter by shift right clicking the middle of the transporter with the configurator
This is a 8 year old post and most likely the issue they were facing was with that current version of the mod, today it's probably containing features that was not available then.

Please avoid necroposting (posting in a old post).

Threenines

Jun 1, 2022
This is a 8 year old post and most likely the issue they were facing was with that current version of the mod, today it's probably containing features that was not available then.

Please avoid necroposting (posting in a old post).
Ok my bad, I was just looking online and was unable to find a good answer and thought I'd post one here