Mathwiz617's 1.12.2 builds

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
With the new FTB Revelation pack out, people have come up with some crazy things already. I'd like to share what I've come up with.

First, there's the classic "What's thermodynamics?" build, in a very simplified form:
ZAnefWH.png

A resonant magmatic dynamo, with boiler conversion specialty augment and three fuel catalyzer augments, supplies steam to a resonant steam dynamo, with turbine conversion augments and three more fuel catalyzer augments. This produces about 270,000 RF for 1 bucket of lava (assuming the magmatic dynamo stays full of water), more than enough to produce 1 bucket of lava in an industrial foregoing lava fabricator. I have all that going to a black hole tank, just for a buffer.

Next, there's the reddit-inspired Phyto-Gro machine:
EDWZddc.png

This takes one bucket of lava, one sapling (vanilla, of your choice) and eight iron ingots to start up, but once going, is completely self-sufficient. It makes wood (Phytogenic Insolator with a sapling infuser), passes it to a redstone furnace that makes charcoal, pulverizes some and compresses the rest (for pulverized charcoal and fuel, respectively). It takes cobble (from an Igneous extruder), pulverizes it into sand (I void the gravel), crafts sandstone (RFTools T3 crafter), and pulverizes that for niter. Finally, it crafts the iron into a chest plate, sends it and sand to an induction furnace, and gets eight iron ingots and one piece of slag back. The slag, niter, and pulverized charcoal make 16 phyto-gro, which is then looped back into the system.

The resonant steam dynamos are upgraded with 2 fuel catalyzer augments and 2 auxiliary transmission coil augments each. I run three of these dynamos, and gain a little extra charcoal.

This makes about a stack of regular phyto-gro a minute, about 200 RF/t beyond what it takes to run, and about 1 charcoal block of excess fuel every 2 minutes.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Here's a complement to the phyto-gro machine: An RF -> EU converter.
CzHjRbh.png

With a phytogenic insolator (with a monoculture cycle specialization and three auxiliary reception coils) recycling carrots, the output goes into a macerator. This produces bio chaff, which is then sent to an alchemical imbuer (fed with water, four auxiliary reception coils), then that along to a fractionating still (four auxiliary reception coils). This turns 25 mB of biomass into 500 mB of biogas. This is then fed into a series of IC2 semi-fluid generators (more than enough to run 10 of these, producing 16 EU/t each). Two semi-fluid generators can run a macerator with 6 overclocker upgrades, speeding up the slowest part of this cycle.

After that... I don't know, feed water and the excess biogas into a compression dynamo for RF as well?

Some notes on rates and ratios, cause I've gotten addicted to Factorio as well:

The insolator, with 3 auxiliary reception coils and a recycling specialization, takes 10 ticks (240 RF/t) to turn 1 phyto-gro into 3 carrots.
The macerator takes 36 ticks with the 6 overclockers to turn 8 carrots into one bio chaff.
The imbuer, 4 auxiliary reception coils, takes 16 ticks (300 RF/t) to turn one bio chaff into 1000 mB of biomass.
The still, 4 auxiliary reception coils, takes 17 ticks (300 RF/t) to turn 25 mB of biomass into 500 mB of biogas.
The semi-fluid generators take .5 mB/t to output 16 EU/t.

So, the ratio of insolators:macerators:imbuers:stills:generators is about...
1:2:1:20:1160

That will produce 18k EU/t, at the cost of 12k RF/t.

So, one insolator can power 1160 semifluid generators, easily. Well, if you consider the TPS cost of that many generators, maybe not that easily.

Assuming my math was correct... Umm, balance?

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Simplify your Phyto-gro machine. Just send sand and two cobble into the induction smelter, get one slag and one stone bricks, then void the bricks.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Then I would need a trash can. One extra "machine". Besides, the crafter can handle it (I'm pretty sure).

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Ok, switching gears after a break, now on the DW20 pack.

I've hopped back into my creative world, and started tinkering with Botania, with minimal usage of other mods. So far, I've come up with a way to passively keep a stack of terrasteel in a chest, as long as there's enough manasteel, mana pearls, and mana diamonds, no other mods involved. This is a bit of a challenge, as corporea is meant to be fully active.

2018-02-02_15.22.12.png

The diamond chest is just a generic inventory here, meant for the master corporea spark (dyed with blue floral powder). The crystal ball reads the total amount of terrasteel in the blue network, then outputs to the comparator. The formula here is y=log(base 2)(x), or x=2^y, where x is the amount registered to the crystal ball, and y is the output signal. So, 64 will get you a signal of 7. This signal get sent to an Etho-style hopper clock, disabling it when I have a full stack of terrasteel. Should I have less, the clock sends a signal to the white corporea network's funnel, requesting a terrasteel ingot from the white network. That brings us to...

2018-02-02_15.36.34.png

This starts with a corporea interceptor, sending a pulse to a vanilla AND gate (the other side's signal is from a comparator measuring a mana pool's fill level, where half a pool results in 7, just enough to reach the repeater). This sets off, in order, three corporea funnels, three droppers, and a luminizer launcher, which places the manasteel, pearl, and diamond in a hopper, then an open crate, then onto the agglomeration plate. The terrasteel is immediately hopperhock'ed into a chest hooked into the white network, then placed into the blue network on the next clock pulse.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Now... filling up the mana pool for terrasteel production is simple. Let's complicate this!

2018-02-02_17.37.50.png

The creative mana pool represents a full mana battery's output (placed at max spark connection range). The yellow concrete holds the wire that reads the main pool's level. When this signal drops to 6 (slightly below half a pool), a monostable circuit fires a pulse (prismarine above the piston), triggering a spark tinkerer to place a dominant augment in the spark (this wire is on the green line). This also triggers the other two tinkerers to place isolated augments in the secondary pools. This all will fill the main pool from the battery without draining the secondary pools.

Once the main pool is full, two repeaters activate, triggering two monostable circuits. The signal on the green line reaches first, removing the dominant augment. Then, the red line's signal arrives, placing a recessive augment in the main pool and an isolated augment on the battery. The same pulse removes the isolated augments from the secondary pools, allowing them to fill up. This continues until signal level 6 on the yellow line, sending a signal first to remove the recessive augment, then repeats the cycle. This will last until:

1. The battery is empty, leaving the dominant spark in the main pool.
2. The secondary pools are filled and the main pool is above half, leaving the recessive spark in the main pool.

In case 1, using the system in the previous post, no terrasteel will be crafted. In case 2, we need a little addition to switch the augments as the production goes on, else the main pool might dip too low too fast, messing up the augments' arrangement.

2018-02-02_18.14.38.png

Enter the blue line. An AND gate activates if the main pool drops below half as the crafting starts (within 5 ticks as pictured, but you can add repeaters to change the timing as neccesary), swapping the augments correctly.

I wouldn't say this is foolproof, but it's getting there.

There you have it... an overcomplicated way of speeding up terrasteel production, makiing it draw from three pools instead of one.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Before I go much further, it would be prudent to have an easy way to access everything in the massive tangle of chests, redstone, and corporea networks. I'm still in creative, but I know there's a chance this inspires someone, somewhere, to try this in survival, where you can't just pull whatever you want out of a GUI. Therefore, I present the Corporea Storage Hub: a zisteaunian-level use of resources meant to centralize access to a very spread out storage.

2018-02-03_00.43.13.png

Here's how it works: you store one of each item you want in its corporea network's color's matching shulker box. I currently have terrasteel on blue, for example. Should you want to check how many of that item you have, you place it in the corresponding crystal cube. To retrieve items from the hub, you stand on the color wool that matches the network the item is in, and a hidden index will spit it out at you. To input items into the hub, place them in either trapped chest on the sides.

2018-02-03_00.49.59.png

This mess (seeing a theme to my builds here?) extracts all items from the input chests, places them in the lone chest seen here, and then sorts them based on user-defined Integrated Dynamics lists into the appropriate shulker box (color coded, again). Should a shulker box fill completely, the redstone relays will turn on the light above the correct network's crystal cube. When that happens, the player can pull a lever (one of the two above the input chests), which will shut off item importing. This sorting system has space for 1728 different item stacks: each network has 108 slots, and there are 16 networks.

Yeah, it's not pure Botania, but I don't mind.

EDIT: I added inventory readers to the shulker boxes below the crystal cubes. Now, to define the list, you simply add the desired item to that shulker box, instead of manually adding it to the variable card.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
New lag machine thing that I built!

2018-02-03_15.34.14.png

That controls... this:

2018-02-03_15.53.35.png

Hoo boy, where do I start? The flowers are fed a diet of baked potatoes and bread, produced on-site. These are grown somewhere in the tangle of terracotta blocks; they are placed by a dispenser, grown with red-string nutrifiers, and harvested with a piston connected to the farmland with slime blocks (once every three bonemeal applications). The next crop is placed a few ticks after the farm comes back into position. Then, hopperhocks pick up the results and place them in the hoppers and chests. Wheat goes directly to the pictured chest, and seeds to the dispenser. Potatoes, as both the seed and the crop, are a little more complicated:

2018-02-03_15.59.32.png

The hopper pulls out of the chest until the dispenser's comparator gives a signal strength of 4, locking the hopper until the signal dips again. Once the two chests (both on the orange network) fill to a comparator signal of 4 each, an inverted AND gate turns off the hopper clock used to run the farm.

2018-02-03_16.05.47.png

The potatoes are sent to a furnace powered by an exoflame. When the output chest dips below a certain level (again, signal level 4), the inverter turns on, requesting a new potato to cook.

2018-02-03_16.08.30.png

The bread is much the same, just sent to a crafty crate instead of a furnace. I suspect that, should this be allowed to run long enough, I would need to boost wheat production to 3x the potato production.

This output is sent to a trio of gourmaryllises, then the mana is pushed to the input of the mana battery. I can turn the mana spreaders between this input and the main battery off with the lever in the first picture.

Once in the main battery, the mana level in the recessive-sparked pool is measured, and the comparator output is placed on a 5x3 bank of redstone lamps.

There you have it! Monitored gourmaryllis automation with the only input being bonemeal, which can be monitored through the hub from last post.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
So, the machine in the above post, like I suspected, was unable to keep up with wheat demand. Therefore, it must be expanded!

2018-02-04_01.55.22.png

Just another two farm blocks, growing wheat on the same clock as the others. This brings me up to three wheat for every potato (though some potatoes are replanted, messing with the ratio).

I also refined the bread maker:

2018-02-04_01.55.31.png

A dual edge detector notes any change in the redstone level, firing a pulse spreader to toggle the hovering hourglass. Rising edge turns it off, falling edge turns it on. When on, it'll craft one bread per second. I did the same with the potato baker, just with the hourglass set to 7 seconds.

I also set up manasteel, mana diamond, and mana pearl production in a similar manner, with crystal cubes measuring the levels of each, maintaining one stack each.

In other news, I've been setting color-coded shulker boxes around with matching corporea sparks in order to increase network sizes, but they are a bit of a waste. Such big, empty, inaccessible inventories, and the hub can only hold so much... Well, those are both easy fixes. I simply do this...

2018-02-04_03.16.57.png

Whitelist boxes and input chests are still the same, but should the main storage (the box right behind the marble wall, priority 11) fill, the extra items will move to the next layer of storage, also color coded and hooked into the right corporea network (one priority level lower). It's kinda random which layer of storage the item goes into from the input, but I'll work that out.

In addition to that, I've hooked each stray box into the Integrated Dynamics network by running the logic cable through the middle layer of bedrock. Each box is either a designated input, such as the box that terrasteel is placed into (see post #5), while others are designated as overflow storage. Each color is on a separate channel, corresponding to that color's metadata (white is channel 0, orange is 1, and so on). Since ID takes only one tick to move each item stack, the items are virtually never out of the corporea networks, so the entirety of the storage is still accessible from the hub.

Yeah, I know this storage system is much more resource-intensive and probably not as powerful as Refined Storage or AE2, while being much harder to set up... as well as much laggier... but I'm having fun with it, dangit!

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
That expansion in the previous post? Still not enough wheat. So, I tore it down and rebuilt it; better, faster, more productive.

2018-02-05_18.59.43.png

Bonemeal gets exported to the middle boxes, seeds to the left, and potatoes to the right. Bonemeal is applied once a second (I've noticed that the nitrifies don't accept bonemeal if the crop is already grown), and the crops are harvested every 4 seconds (these crops take 3 bonemeal to full grow), then immediately replanted. The seeds and potatoes are picked up with hopperhocks, placed in the designated boxes, and routed into the input boxes (these are designated exports for the ID network).

Now I have to get bonemeal into the system. The only way to do this is to get bones from killing skeletons, so it's time for a mob system. First, since I'm only at y=4 most of the time, I sorted out the bottom, starting with the mob sorter.

2018-02-05_18.52.34.png

I can't show the inner workings in a screenshot without tearing it up piece-by-piece, so I'll just explain it instead. Mobs fall into the tower (currently just spawned manually from spawn eggs), and land on a hay bale (to reduce fall damage), tripping a tripwire on the way down. This triggers the first piston, filtering out one-block-tall mobs (baby zombies), then sends them into a water stream and onto a pressure plate (just barely on the edge), which then triggers this:

2018-02-05_19.33.53.png

The pressure plate triggers the monostable circuit at the same time as the upper piston, pushing the bottom piston into the 4-tick repeater, pushing the slime block into the mob, launching it into the next water stream. The mob then flows into the tall blaze quartz tower, falling into the zombie pen.

Other mobs will fall into the next sorting chamber instead, as a delayed inverted piston retracts the hay bale 7 ticks after the sorting piston fires.

2018-02-05_19.42.14.png

As the mobs fall they trip another wire, this time firing a piston to sort out the creepers (which are .2 blocks shorter than other mobs like zombies and skeletons). They are pushed over an iron trapdoor (the piston triggered by the tripwire pushes a slime block at their heads, so the trapdoor has to be on the floor), and onto a packed ice slide (then pushed sideways around the bend) and into the hole above the creeper pen.

The remaining mobs are then dropped once again to a near identical chamber, just without the trapdoor. They slide over a pressure plate and onto lavender quartz.

2018-02-05_19.55.10.png

Zombies quickly path to the villager, over two open wooden trapdoors, which causes them to fall into their pen with the babies. Skeletons path away from the wolves, over two other open trapdoors, and fall into the skeleton pen. Witches stay still, falling into their pen after a short time as the floor extends below them (the pressure plate triggers a piston and slime block combo, connected to the lavender quartz floor the witches stand on), opening a hole.

In the meantime, endermen will either teleport from fall damage, getting trapped by the vinculotus in their pen, or simply dropped there.

Next comes the spawning and killing systems! ...All this for some bonemeal.

EDIT: Besides endermen, which you would normally keep out of mob spawners, this sorting system is 100% vanilla-compatable.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
After a bit of rearranging of the mob sorter, I've got the pens in a nice line, just the right spacing to have a bellethorne for each mob type. I now have a passive bonemeal crafter, using the same system as the other passive corpora crafters. Nothing much to show there, but I did add one more thing.

2018-02-07_02.44.01.png

Bridging the gap between two corpora networks, such as having bonemeal in the magenta network but needing it to grow crops for orange, is pretty simple. I'm keeping a decent stock of bonemeal in the boxes without sparks. Since these are used at the same rate, I can measure one box's level to tell when they all need refilling, again using the dual-edge detector/hovering hourglass combo to trigger the restocking.

No pic for this, but I also decided to use the scattered boxes not as generalized backup storage, but export to them directly as an assigned endpoint for the ID network. This frees up the main storage area for unassigned items. Once that fills up, I have trash chests with item interfaces set to priority -2 for deleting any excess. Even though the ID network can't pull out of these endpoint-boxes, the corpora network still can.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'm back on Revelation, after a couple months playing other modpacks and other games - mainly Factorio. With the Factorio mindset of "must have perfect ratios" stuck in my mind, I'm back to building tech in a creative test world.

So, one build I saw online took resin, turned it to tree oil, and produced power. Simple. I decided to put my spin on it. As always, everything than can be resonant tier will be. Also, all tanks and energy cells have holding 4 applied.

I connected 50 Arboreal Extractors to a tank, pushing directly into a Fractionating Still. Actually, I had 52 (13 birch trees, 4 extractors each), but the tank was filling up, so I disconnected 2 of the extractors. Here's the still's augments:

2018-04-29_02.37.35.png

This produces ever so slightly more than enough to run 4 of these bad boys:

2018-04-29_02.34.23.png

Turns out, one aqueous accumulator can comfortably feed all four compression dynamos. This produces a fair amount of steam (360 mb/t each), while my steam dynamos, augments shown below, only draw 300 mb/t each.

2018-04-29_02.37.49.png

This will produce a net profit of 2100 RF/t, as well as a small amount of excess tree oil and 240 mb/t of excess steam. Yeah, it's not Nuclearcraft or Extreme Reactors levels of crazy, but it will run forever (as long as the chunks are loaded). It'll take just under an hour to fully charge an energy cell.

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
2018-04-29_16.01.33.png

I bring to you my latest, probably not sustainable, power source! I'm doing this in creative mode, though, so go big or go home!

Two aqueous accumulators provide water to five phytogenic insolators, one of which is growing papayas, the other four plums, both using Pam's saplings. These use (currently hand-supplied) fluxed phyto-gro, and the resulting produce is moved into caches. The saplings can be voided, since I'm using monoculture specializations. The fruit is emptied in fluid transposers: two taking papayas at max speed for the high fruit juice result, and the other using four sieves to practically guarantee mulch from the plums.

The mulch, fruit juice (monitored in a black hole tank), and excess plums are fed into a tower of fermenters, which turn it into biomass from Forestry. This is then pushed to a black hole tank (you can't use retrievers to pull liquid from fermenters), then further to a tower of fractionation stills. Biomass becomes ethanol, which then fuels compression dynamos with boiler specializations, then the steam fuels steam dynamos.

All this, and I calculate a 2k RF/t profit... at the cost of about 1 fluxed phyto-gro per second.

2018-04-29_16.08.13.png
2018-04-29_18.31.28.png
2018-04-29_18.31.28.png
2018-04-29_18.31.16.png
2018-04-29_18.35.48.png
2018-04-29_18.35.54.png

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
This is an add-on to above... a fluxed phyto-gro maker:

2018-04-30_13.33.47.png
2018-04-30_13.33.58.png
2018-04-30_13.34.24.png
2018-04-30_13.33.23.png

An igneous extruder sends cobble to two pulverizers for sand, which is then split between a compactor for sandstone and an induction furnace, with excess being trashed. The sandstone is re-pulverized and recycled for nitor (four auxiliary sieves), while the induction furnace smelts anvils down to 31 iron, which is then crafted back into an anvil, and a guaranteed slag. Meanwhile, an insolator makes logs, trashes the extra saplings, and feed that to a redstone furnace and pulverizer. This is all combined in a sequential crafter for phyto-gro, then infused with sap, then given a charge. This all makes about 2 fluxed phyto-gro per second, twice as much as I need to run the power production.

The transposer takes a ludicrous amount of sap to run full time, full speed. 120 arboreal extractors produce about 50mb/s extra, so I'd estimate that you need 119 minimum. Better just to go with the one extra, though.

This machine takes about 3400 RF/t at maximum, though not all machines will be running all the time once it gets started.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Fun fact: there’s a smelting recipe involving sand and cobblestone to make stone bricks and 100% chance of slag. Given that cobble and sand can effectively be generated infinitely at just a cost of power, that’s my preferred method of producing slag.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I like seeing someone make these more advanced setups with TE. Other people I've seen using TE only ever bother with a very simple ore doubling setup with a pulverizer feeding into a furnace, and then use brute force (like, Direwolf20's uber-miner) to make sure they have enough of everything. A kind of a waste because you can do so much more with TE.

The latest version of TE allows you to make both sand and sandstone directly in an igneous extruder, using a specialization augment.

I'm not sure if I like that because it takes away from the concept of a "cobbleworks" factory. But it's in the mod now.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
They've also removed the need for niter, clay, pulverised coal and sand from the 4 elemental dusts, which seems a bit of a shame actually, as that was the main reason I made and used niter! I wonder what it would be used for now, apart from making gunpowder?

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
So... after giving up on the last pack idea I had, I quickly came up with a new one. Remember old challenge packs like ME^3 and the like? Even dating back to 1.2.5, I've loved challenge maps, and always wanted to make one of my own. Of course, being who I am, I decided to complicate things with mods. No skyblock, though. I'm talking full-blown, custom map/modpack combo, like a modded Super Hostile.

Story? Not yet clear on that.

Theme? None so far.

Challenge? Umm... hard?

What I have come up with is the "idea" of resource shortage. While all necessary materials will be farmable (either crops, mob drops, or repeatable quests), I'd like getting these things to be a difficult task at first. However, I'm not sadistic. I feel like giving the player a limited supply of items at the start, like a chest of healing potions, and *just* enough machinery to make it all useful, like the thing I wanted to show off today:

2018-08-05_20.15.24.png

This integrated dynamics machine reads a player standing on the stone pressure plate. If a player is present and at or below 2 hearts of health, the AND gate sends a redstone signal to the dispenser, which is set to pull any and all items from the chest, which I just so happened to fill with splash potions of healing.

Obviously, I would hide the wiring better for the finished product, but the idea's there. I'd recommend natural regen be turned off, too.

Any other ideas I have will be shared in an upcoming thread in the 3rd party packs section.