Massive Server Lag

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Coolblue69

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Massive Server Lag
Launcher Version:
UNKNOWN 7/17/205 Latest
Modpack:
Agrarian Skies
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I'm hosting a server for my friends and I to play on and the server just has massive lag. I've hosted countless servers in the past flawlessly but for some reason Agrarian skies is a lag-fest. My startup parameters are as follows.

java -Xms512M -Xmx4G -XX:permSize=64m -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar nogui
pause

I've tried several other parameters and none work, snooper is disabled and my internet speed is 90 down and 10 up. My PC specs are somewhat potato

CPU-AMD A8 6500
GPU-AMD R9-270x
RAM-10g
PSU-Corsair 620

I don't see any hardware related issues with me running servers. I think I fucked up the config of the server. I highly doubt that it is Java because I'm running 64 bit java 7 and I know because I took a good hour yesterday and tweaked/updated things. Drivers, Java, ETC.

Any help is appreciated.

zonthori

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried setting your PermSize higher? I run with 512m, I think it defaults to 128m so you lowered it.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Still no luck, although I am seeing HEAVY cpu usage...could it be java or just a shitty CPU?
Minecraft is very CPU intensive. Also is it just you lagging super bad or everyone else? If you have more than 4gb to the client side please lower to 2-4gb of ram to client. I have ran a bunch of servers myself and seen lag come and go. It also depends if the other people are lagging as well. I have a buddy who lives 2 miles away he does my lag at all. But when my friend from Israel tried to join oh man he lagged like crazy. So there are tons of thing to consider in this :)

Coolblue69

Jul 29, 2019
We all live in the midwest so it's not a ping problem. They lag too. Ill try bumping my client side down, thanks!

Coolblue69

Jul 29, 2019
I bumped my client down to 1 gig of ram. It is still laggy with just me on it. It runs at about 40-60 percent of my CPU.