Making Efficient Modpacks

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

darkfire5900

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a good understanding of how to fix crashes, making everything work. However, I have a pretty beefy computer, and I seem to get really bad FPS on my modpacks. When I use a FTB modpacks, my frames are usually quite consistent. How do you guys make your modpacks run better?

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
First: did you gave ftb to use more than 6ram?
And also, install fastcraft on modpacks

darkfire5900

Jul 29, 2019
First: did you gave ftb to use more than 6ram?
And also, install fastcraft on modpacks
Yeah, I've got 8GB of RAM. ( actually gonna build a new computer soon), fastcraft already installed. Its not really me I'm worried about, however my friends that will be playing is more problematic, they don't have amazing computers.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've got 8GB of RAM. ( actually gonna build a new computer soon), fastcraft already installed. Its not really me I'm worried about, however my friends that will be playing is more problematic, they don't have amazing computers.
Ok, then do what i do with my friend, i run the server on my computer, we all including the server have fastcraft installed, and just if they won't run enything exept ftb, and it should be fine

darkfire5900

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, then do what i do with my friend, i run the server on my computer, we all including the server have fastcraft installed, and just if they won't run enything exept ftb, and it should be fine
Yeah, that's usually what I do, so we could both learn from this thread, let's see if anyone else has some tips, we don't know about.