Mage Quest Java Error while on Mojang loading screen

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Rosenfel

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Mage Quest Java Error while on Mojang loading screen
Launcher Version:
v 1.4.8
Modpack:
Mage Quest
Modpack Version:
Mage Quest: 1.2.0
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I've downloaded the pack, but I can't get the minecraft play screen. I always get an error message during the Mojang loading screen. It says "Microsoft Windows, Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Close Program."

I'm able to get to the minecraft play screen with some other modpacks (Mod of the month Botania, Vanilla +, the latest PAX pack), while with other modpacks I get this same error (Infinity, the third party Hubris pack).

What's the issue?

I have Java 1.8.0_60, and it's 64 bit. I deleted older versions of Java, but I don't think that was the issue, because this is still happening.

Help please?

Let me know if there's any additional information you need.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013

Rosenfel

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried several different versions of CoFHcore, and none of them worked. I ended up giving up getting it to work on the Vista desktop and it works perfectly on my Windows 7 laptop. I just needed to put a desk fan next to my laptop so it won't overheat from modded minecraft.

Thanks Jikuja for suggesting some solutions for me to try! :) :)