Lumaceon's Mod Design Journal

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Unfortunately no. We decided to update to 1.8 sorta-recently so that's been taking some time. Then I learned just how cumbersome it is on a computer to try and generate a structure with 13 million blocks, so we're likely not going to do the massive builds we originally planned. I'll think of some other cool stuff for the past later on.

I'm adding an in-game guide book this time, so hopefully we won't need a wiki. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of generating the whole structure, perhaps you could generate a door that acts as a portal to a dimension that does not have terain generation, so it would be only that. Works well with the pocket dimension idea. So you go to the 4th age, and you come to a small shack. In that shack there is a secret basement! In the basement, there is a switch! When you hit the switch, it teleports you to another dimension! This dimension is a void dimension, and has a gigantic mansion on a floating island! This way, its not trying to "generate" the mansion. The mansion is generated during first time world gen. With my lack of knowledge of code, and only going by what I have seen others do, this seems like it may be less stress on the computer/server.

Reactions: Type1Ninja
G

Glargh

I rather like your whole mod aesthetic, and if you wish to continue with the time theme some building tools would be very useful, such as an item to place variable sized lines, pillars, and circles or even back fill up to a point to fill creeper holes using time.

you should also consider having a forward time dimension which is just baren wastes.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I rather like your whole mod aesthetic, and if you wish to continue with the time theme some building tools would be very useful, such as an item to place variable sized lines, pillars, and circles or even back fill up to a point to fill creeper holes using time.

you should also consider having a forward time dimension which is just baren wastes.
I dunno about the barren wastes; the future is supposed to be yours to decide. As to the building tools, I'd love to add some, but perhaps as mid-to-late-game items.

Reactions: Type1Ninja
S

Solarsyphon

I dunno about the barren wastes; the future is supposed to be yours to decide. As to the building tools, I'd love to add some, but perhaps as mid-to-late-game items.
Having something change based offf what the player does is hard, particularly with balance (potential to duplicate blocks potentially constantly changing world gen). What about you do a copy of the vanilla dimension and cover it in water or another layer of terrain on top. Like old new york from futurama or the end temples. The future doesn't have to be yours to decide. Perhaps pull a doctor who and say once you see the future it 100% has to happen that way. What I really want is to be able to apply the effect from the lunar hour glass to all entities around me. Would be epic to use it to pause a battle part way through

Last edited:

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo....I know that you said you guys just switched to 1.8, but do you guys plan to go 1.9?